Vols are better football team than Gators, Barrett Sallee

May not be better on “paper” but I think Pruitt and his guys have a lot to look forward too.

I predict they’ll come out aggressive on Offense/Defense through 4 quarters.

Limit the silly turnovers, we have a legit shot at winning.

Well yeah. Everybody knows predictions are just that and nothing more, but the article is appropriate fare for our board. If you want to find a positive article for your side, you don't expect to find it here. Look on Swamp Gas or one of your forums.

I guess I'm just getting bored with this "rivalry." I miss the days when it mattered nationally. I miss the days when it mattered as to who would win the entire SEC. I miss the days when it mattered to who won the East. And now I miss the days when it figured into which team went to the Outback or Citrus Bowls, versus which went to the Gator Bowl.

Now we are fighting for also-ran status in the middle of the pack of our pretty average conference division. Meh. Just meh.

Normally in this contest, home field didn't really help us, but think it does this year... Neyland at night after everyone's had all day to get lubricated, turns things pretty loud. I think Neyland factor tomorrow is worth at least a TD, as long as is a close game.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
I guess I'm just getting bored with this "rivalry." I miss the days when it mattered nationally. I miss the days when it mattered as to who would win the entire SEC. I miss the days when it mattered to who won the East. And now I miss the days when it figured into which team went to the Outback or Citrus Bowls, versus which went to the Gator Bowl.

Now we are fighting for also-ran status in the middle of the pack of our pretty average conference division. Meh. Just meh.

It shows how bad our administration has been. Excluding Pruitt and Mullen, one school whiffed miserably on 3 of its last 4 hires (UF) and they would be considered the school with the competent administration over the past 15 years.....

Reactions: GRN1926 and Aesius
Before the public had anything to say about it, they said Florida (IN NEYLAND, a 3-4 point advantage) was 8 points better then us. After the public and some sharps hit Tennessee it's down to a 4.5 point spread.

At best this game is a toss up lol

Reactions: feathersax

Right. But this game means quite a bit going forward for each of these teams. A loss by either is a foreboding factor, esp for the Gators who dropped their 1st sec game at home to Kty.

For us, it is a gage of progress. In 3 games thus far, this team has been absent of any emotion. My hope and any optimism I have is based on the possibility of this team coming out with some real emotion in front of a large crowd in what is our 1st conf game of the year. I don't have a clue as to how this game actually plays out, but I'm holding on to the prospect that Pruitt and his coaches have evaluated a lot of players and film by this point and know pretty much who they can count on now in the games that matter. I'm sure that both teams have tinkered with certain sets and players up to now. I expect they won't be experimenting Sat night. Should be quite entertaining from a fan's perspective.

We can play down our emotions as much as possible as I was earlier in the week, but the closer we get to game time, I personally still can't help but get motivated to see us win this game. After spending the past weekend pessimistic and glum, now I am trending toward being pleasantly excited and optimistic and ready for a surprise. I'd like to see Pruitt get his sec premiere opening a huge success. Be a real lightning rod for signing date in Dec and a springboard for team confidence.

Right. But this game means quite a bit going forward for each of these teams. A loss by either is a foreboding factor, esp for the Gators who dropped their 1st sec game at home to Kty.

For us, it is a gage of progress. In 3 games thus far, this team has been absent of any emotion. My hope and any optimism I have is based on the possibility of this team coming out with some real emotion in front of a large crowd in what is our 1st conf game of the year. I don't have a clue as to how this game actually plays out, but I'm holding on to the prospect that Pruitt and his coaches have evaluated a lot of players and film by this point and know pretty much who they can count on now in the games that matter. I'm sure that both teams have tinkered with certain sets and players up to now. I expect they won't be experimenting Sat night. Should be quite entertaining from a fan's perspective.

We can play down our emotions as much as possible as I was earlier in the week, but the closer we get to game time, I personally still can't help but get motivated to see us win this game. After spending the past weekend pessimistic and glum, now I am trending toward being pleasantly excited and optimistic and ready for a surprise. I'd like to see Pruitt get his sec premiere opening a huge success. Be a real lightning rod for signing date in Dec and a springboard for team confidence.

Honestly, aside from the 3 hours of entertainment it represents tomorrow night, I attach zero significance to the game for either team. We are both average and I suspect that both Mullen and Pruitt have big plans to overhaul both teams over the spring and summer.

Neither team a year from now is going to look much like it does this year. At best, it sets you up for a meaningless crap bowl, which either (or both) teams would be looking past the moment it gets scheduled.

Both teams, right now, are already in the rearview mirrors of these programs, on the whole.

God, I hope so.

Cry me a river. I imagine most everyone on both sides feel pretty much the same way. It is what is is and I don't feel sorry for you.

#Nosympathyforthegator

Last edited by a moderator:
Well yeah. Everybody knows predictions are just that and nothing more, but the article is appropriate fare for our board. If you want to find a positive article for your side, you don't expect to find it here. Look on Swamp Gas or one of your forums.

I thought their board was "Swamp Donkeez"?

Honestly, aside from the 3 hours of entertainment it represents tomorrow night, I attach zero significance to the game for either team. We are both average and I suspect that both Mullen and Pruitt have big plans to overhaul both teams over the spring and summer.

Neither team a year from now is going to look much like it does this year. At best, it sets you up for a meaningless crap bowl, which either (or both) teams would be looking past the moment it gets scheduled.

Both teams, right now, are already in the rearview mirrors of these programs, on the whole.

God, I hope so.

I am inclined to suspect you are doing your best to play this game down to lower our spirits, lawgator. Something tells me you will have your Gator pom-poms in hand and at the edge of your seat in a little more than 24 hours regardless of what you are expressing here. We better be on guard against this ploy. I have seen enough of these Gator/Vols matchups to think your team is coming to Neyland like a group of sad sacks. I expect emotions will run high at game time. That's one prediction I can make that I am confident in.

I am inclined to suspect you are doing your best to play this game down to lower our spirits, lawgator. Something tells me you will have your Gator pom-poms in hand and at the edge of your seat in a little more than 24 hours regardless of what you are expressing here. We better be on guard against this ploy. I have seen enough of these Gator/Vols matchups to think your team is coming to Neyland like a group of sad sacks. I expect emotions will run high at game time. That's one prediction I can make that I am confident in.

Absolutely.

Reactions: LibertyVolance
Before the public had anything to say about it, they said Florida (IN NEYLAND, a 3-4 point advantage) was 8 points better then us. After the public and some sharps hit Tennessee it's down to a 4.5 point spread.

At best this game is a toss up lol
Florida won’t score a TD on offense all game. The noise will be too much for Felipe. They might get a punt return but I’m going to say 31-9 Vols. Too much Jeremy and too much Neyland.

God, I hope so.

You would hope thats the case right? Although in reality it is a big deal for recruiting. Plus the way both teams are currently playing. It might be the shot each team has to make a bowl.

Rattling Franks I think is required to win this game, and likely so are non-offensive touchdowns.

I'm not sure we can win this game just with our offense scoring after sustained drives, because I'm not sure we are capable of that. We need to not turn the ball over and create turnovers on defense or do something in the kicking game.

I concur wholeheartedly. Neither team is even in the same stratosphere as Alabama or Georgia and it sucks. We might as well come up with some cheesy trophy for our rivalry like the whiskey barrel to give it some kind of meaing

You would hope thats the case right? Although in reality it is a big deal for recruiting. Plus the way both teams are currently playing. It might be the shot each team has to make a bowl.

Not really, UT has had very successful recruiting classes coming off of terrible years and so has UF. It doesn't mean near as much as it used to. If a recruit believes he will get early playing time they are just as likely to commit.

True, but the gators have been to the SEC championship game a couple of times in the last 5 years and won 2 national championships in the last 10 years. Though you were just a punching bag for Bama in those SEC championship games. We on the other hand haven't been there since........ heck I can't even remember it's been so long.

True, but the gators have been to the SEC championship game a couple of times in the last 5 years and won 2 national championships in the last 10 years. Though you were just a punching bag for Bama in those SEC championship games. We on the other hand haven't been there since........ heck I can't even remember it's been so long.
Haven't been since 2007. Haven't won since 1998.

Not really, UT has had very successful recruiting classes coming off of terrible years and so has UF. It doesn't mean near as much as it used to. If a recruit believes he will get early playing time they are just as likely to commit.

I get that kids do like early playing time. They also want to win. For UT this is a big game to hopefully flip the script with UF. A win against a team that has straight up dominated you for 30+ years shows the recruits and parents some progress.

VN Store

Back