Hidden Keys To Victory (Florida)

aaronvol

I did this for the WVU game because I thought it made sense. It didn't need to be done the last couple of games. The way it works is you pick out a "Hidden Key" for a Vol victory. It is something maybe no one is talking about, a player that could possibly be a good match up for us, or even a strategy that we could implement that no one is talking about. So...mine for this game...

Special Teams punt and kickoff coverage. I think in a game where first downs will be gold, every yard makes a huge difference. We will need to keep Florida bottled up on special teams, limiting returns to a minimum. So, the entire punt/kickoff coverage units I think play a huge role in this game.

Im thinking some sort if added blocking to help the offensive line. Now i dont know what they will do, but if we get pressured on run and pass plays it might help to maybe play tight ends and fullbacks alot and have them line up closer to the tackles to help. I wish they could use a formation with a full back and a tight end inside behind the oline to try and make room for inside runs but i dont know if thats possible.

Play Hurd as a TE. Uh-OH!

glitter-devil-smiley-emoticon.gif

hard to pick since it seems everything has been talked about...even the kicking game, so I'm going with...flare passes to backs out of the backfield, and secondly, JG rolling out to pass to run...surely this has been talked about somewhere also...:D

GO VOLS...BEAT GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: minorvol
Key to victory is in the trenches. Get pressure on Penelope and O line step it up pass and run blocking! Then have the skilled ppl show their skills. I want to see Juan J and Ty C. I want to see some amazing hits from our LB, DB, DE. I want to make the gators feel absolutely crushed all game. And I will be there screaming from seats close enough to see Smokey's drool at the carnage.

If Franks completes 60 percent of his passes and rushes for 40 yards itll be a long day for the Vols most likely.

Blitz pick up by the backs will be key to giving Guarantano time to find Jennings and Calloway. Dont think the o line can hold up on their own to pressure.

I formation, RPO, throw over the middle to Woods- TD

4 WIDE, JJ in motion, takes the ball on the sweep, throwback to JG, touchdown

I formation, WILDVOL, BAIN at FB, Chandler takes the direct snap, fake run into the line, pull up, bank shot to BAIN for the TD!

21-0, FIRST 5:30 of the game!

GO VOLS!

Reactions: tbones0711
I definitely agree about special teams. I think whats key there is how well the punters perform. They will probably be busy. Also, UTs return team has not done well setting up the return but they have come close to blocking one or 2 more punts. A block tomorrow could be a game changer - so could another muffed punt too.

I also think, and I havent watched Florida to know about them, but the silly mistakes from being careless/not focused like the 2 fumbles, dumb penalties... theyre lucky they played a bad team last week.

CeCe Jefferson worries me.

Whomever completes more passes of 20+ yards probably wins.

OP that’s honestly not very hidden or subtle. I think most people realize field position is going to be critical in this game. But I may have missed your point.
I think a hidden key is confidence. Seriously, whichever team has the most players and staff that just think they are Better and don’t have much reservation about it, will be the team that wins. Recently (12 years or so) that has been Florida. But who knows this year. I hope it’s our guys.

I think our punting is a big key that few think about. We have been used to Daniel being one of the best in the country. Now we are nowhere near as good. I think we will be punting alot tomorrow and we need to be pinning them as deep as possible.

1. Paul Bain has a clone.
2. Tennessee runs 1.15 offensive plays for every Florida offensive play.
3. 130db noise when Florida is on offense.
4. 8+ tackles by Tennessee OLBs & DEs which would be double any previous game output.
5. 1.5 liters of Benadryl in Florida's Gatorade coolers.
6. 350+ yards by Tennessee RBs.
7. 75 yards by Tennessee TEs.
8. Two TDs by Jauan Jennings.
9. Nothing Special: Offensive Lineman block the guy directly in front of them.
10. Nothing Special II: At least two sacks.

Reactions: FïreBall
Center and both guards being able to control the middle and not let blitzes through or getting beat one on one a lot. I know line play has been mentioned before but thought I'd be specific.
Also,,no mental penalties. Stuff like off sides or illegal procedure.

Turnovers......especially the deep in your territory type could easily win this. Teams are evenly matched and noise at Neyland will factor in. Tim Jordan...JJ....DW-A.... and I'd love to see T.Byrd break one. UF's DB's know our top 3 receivers and will play them tight...Screens to Jordan, short passes to JJ and DW-A will slow UF's defense down. UT has to execute on offense and not give up the ball. UT's defense plays bend but don't break and game stays close.......no weather delays please. It hurt UT at WV because UT is in better condition when we take depth in consideration.

Reactions: Johncarter53

VN Store

Back