Kortney is a grad assistant at Vanderbilt

Well Bully Bully!!! Not sure anyone but her and her family will really care.

Which brings me to wonder what the hel- this thread is doing on here this late day in Fla. football weekend????

This is the Lady Vol forum. Feel free to click on over to the football forum if you like.

All those in favor, signify by saying Aye

This is the Lady Vol forum. Feel free to click on over to the football forum if you like.

All those in favor, signify by saying Aye
Sorry! I thought I was on "football".. I will show my ignorance, how the hell do I tell the difference. (other than the thread title?)

Full academic scholarship at Vandy - you go, KD! Maybe I'll start going to their games again and cheer on the bench :cool:

Where did you read that she received a "full academic scholarship?" Typically, Graduate Assistants receive scholarships as partial compensation for their contributions to the team, just like the basketball players themselves. But these are athletic scholarships, not academic merit-based scholarships. Perhaps her situation is different, but I haven't seen it written anywhere except in your post.

Where did you read that she received a "full academic scholarship?" Typically, Graduate Assistants receive scholarships as partial compensation for their contributions to the team, just like the basketball players themselves. But these are athletic scholarships, not academic merit-based scholarships. Perhaps her situation is different, but I haven't seen it written anywhere except in your post.

If you looked at the first post in this thread, you would see the tweet from Kortney saying that she received a full scholarship to complete her Master's.

Jim

Reactions: Ladyvol777
If you looked at the first post in this thread, you would see the tweet from Kortney saying that she received a full scholarship to complete her Master's.

Jim,

I read her statement. She told everyone she received a full scholarship to work on a Master's at Vandy. That's great! But VollyParton is asserting it was an "academic" scholarship. That is what I was questioning. An "academic" scholarship is awarded for academic merit. The young women on the Vandy team have all received full scholarships to pursue degrees, but they are not "academic" scholarships. They receive "athletic" scholarships, which are completely different. Graduate Assistants at most schools receive athletic scholarships or they get free tuition as a benefit granted to all full time employees (and sometimes their children) of the school. In Kortney's tweet, she never claimed she received a "full academic scholarship." VollyParton told everyone she did. I was asking where VollyParton got the information to make that claim, because I haven't seen it stated anywhere else.

VN Store

Back