Didnt realize as a young fan

I can only really remember the 02 season, maybe 01.

That means Ive never known a UT team to beat an Auburn team. Thats kinda weird, but I just realized that.
I was at the “Tennessee waltz” when Tony Robinson went off against Barn and was put on the cover of SI. The one advantage of being old is I’ve seen some good ones.

That means Ive never known a UT team to beat an Auburn team. Thats kinda weird, but I just realized that.

You're just a pup.

I can remember Bobby Majors in 1970. Many, many, moons ago...........

giphy.gif

1965 my first game I can remember with Auburn 13 to 13 tie watched with my dad in Knoxville.

yep OG, there were much better times, but hey, hang in there and who knows, you might see the next coming of the Vols again...:D

GO VOLS!

First year I ever watched them was ‘05 I think when they beat us twice.

Feels good man.

Yep, it has been a while since we beat the barn before this past Saturday. I was 16 in 1999.

I watched that last win at Auburn in a restaurant with my dad and one of his friends that also went to UT. I was about 10. I remember it pretty well though. Seem to remember a DL getting a scoop and score- maybe Shaun Ellis?

Just recently, and I don't know what it took so long, I realized how much different, historically speaking, perspectives of those of us that remember the old days, pre-2000 are from fans later on.

We really must have the greatest fan base in collegiate football to carry the energy that we do.

Whether you like our presentation or motives, we got fire whether we're winning or losing.

C4fjHub.jpg

Just recently, and I don't know what it took so long, I realized how much different, historically speaking, perspectives of those of us that remember the old days, pre-2000 are from fans later on.

We really must have the greatest fan base in collegiate football to carry the energy that we do.

Whether you like our presentation or motives, we got fire whether we're winning or losing.

C4fjHub.jpg
Im going to my 1st game ever vs Mizzu. I hated when some acted like they were bigger fans because they to school there and had season tickets. Man, all I've known is mediocrity and I still watch to the final whistle no matter how bad lol

Reactions: MaTaLa
First game would have been in 1980, but not sure which one. I do seem to recall a Pitt QB named Dan Marino who probably played in a game that year (we lost). Anyway the first game would have been one before that. Witnessed the '82 win against Bama. Probably my most memorable game I ever attended, and I was able to catch quite a few.

VN Store

Back