My annual TSO thread

tnbamafan

I come here once again for the greatest weeks in college football, the Third Saturday in October. With the way the school calendar fell this year (fall break), my wife and I are currently camping in West North Carolina then headed to Knoxville Saturday morning. As I always say, there will be no bashing on my part just some good football talk as we fight in our annual game!
**Side bar here--Last year in Tuscaloosa I gave my lower bowl tickets to a fellow Marine and his daughter (who are both UT fans). If you are on this board please PM me I would like to hear how it went last year for your daughter's first Bama/UT game.

Let me first start off by saying, What a game y'all played against API, that was a great game. The Vols did to API what Florida did to you, won the turnover game. You capitalized off their mistakes and won the game. Your team showed great composure after a quick start by the kittens and really outplayed them. I hate to hear you losing a player to a questionable block!

For this weeks game: We all probably can agree Bama has more talent and more experience, but I think UT is coming in with momentum. Will that be enough, probably not but that is why we play the game. As I type this, I have not seen a line for the game but I would expect it to be around 25, which I think is too high. Tua will probably not play, even though I have faith in JH our offense is just not the same with out Tua. We have had a hard time running the ball but with Tua we had the passing game to keep the D honest. JH gives us a good running QB but the Vols D has stepped up and is playing well. Our D played well against a high scoring offense and proved we can stop the other offense. I think our D became reliant on our offense outscoring the other team and relaxed.

With that being said, I expect a hard hitting game with few turnovers. I think UT will keep it close the first half but with the depth we have we pull away in the 2nd half and win 40-21 type game.

But I am a realist, I could see a game that we come out flat, depended on Tua too much, and the D just doesn't play well and get into a dog fight which we do not want. Our kickers suck and I would hate for that to decide the game.

Lets have a good clean game with both sides playing their best.

**We will be looking for some tailgaters Saturday- we fed you well last year and probably killed a few brain cells with the amount of JD we drank but we had a good time!

God bless America, Semper Fi and Roll Tide!

I thought you said, currently 'campaigning' in West North Carolina.

Good post -- thanks!

Just maybe Coach Pruitt will have our guys prepared physically and mentally for a well-fought game. Maybe our kickers will make a difference.

Reactions: ChuckVol
Thanks for the humble post OP. My apologies in advance for some of our less than hospitable posters. I think AL is too much no matter who is playing QB. I want to see continued improvement and most importantly NO INJURIES. Our back half this season now determines our bowl eligibility and we can't afford to have players going down in a game that we don't have a realistic chance of winning.

good to see we have some left over elation...don't be too hard on us...it's been a while...:D

GO VOLS!

Must be because you are from Tennessee, most Bama fans are not usually so reasonable in their thoughts on other teams. I, like an above post, do not think QB makes much difference to the outcome of this game. I, like you feel depth will be the big difference. Let's hope for a injury free game for both teams and an interesting game.

VN Store

Back