Pruitt calling a blitz right before the snap in a key moment of the game

responding to Bigorangecrush89:
What other stuff are you referring to? I don't understand these commits many on here keep make questioning Pruitt's overall preformance. His speech? Won't change it's what it is and from the "south", not the "English Dept." The way he dresses? not flashy (like some we have had) many coaches dress this way or worse ( hoodies and the such). His recruiting, seems really good to date. You get my meaning, what's wrong with his overall performance?

Last edited:
Got to get some bigger, faster and stronger players to go with Pruitt's agressive coaching style, then we'll get a much better idea of what he's capable of acheving as our head coach at Tennessee.
Saturday's game gives me a much better feeling of Pruitt becoming a force to be reckoned with in the ever so competitive SEC, however.
Go Vols

Reactions: MaTaLa
Certainly looks like it. Wonder if his familiarity with their offense played a part
probably. it certainly can't hurt given his history in playing Auburn and Gus. i'm sure he's pretty familiar with the tendencies....

Reactions: Behr
Got to get some bigger, faster and stronger players to go with Pruitt's agressive coaching style, then we'll get a much better idea of what he's capable of acheving as our head coach at Tennessee.
Saturday's game gives me a much better feeling of Pruitt becoming a force to be reckoned with in the ever so competitive SEC, however.
Go Vols

Anyone have the Solo Tackles Stats vs Auburn??

Interested in seeing those numbers for sure!

responding to Bigorangecrush89:
What other stuff are you referring to? I don't understand these commits many on here keep make questioning Pruitt's overall preformance. His speech? Won't change it's what it is and from the "south", not the "English Dept." The way he dresses? not flashy (like some we have had) many coaches dress this way or worse ( hoodies and the such). His recruiting, seems really good to date. You get my meaning, what's wrong with his overall performance?
You're kidding right? There are a million things a modern SEC coach is responsible for. He is the CEO of a program. The college football landscape is littered with elite coordinators that fail as HC's (see Peter principle). Technically he is as responsible for what happens on offense as well as special teams. The speaking engagements and other random things he is contractually obligated to do. You have far less time available to "be a football coach" than as a DC. You have to manage an entire roster and hire/fire coaches. Part of the reason I was glad Fulmer ended up as AD. Phil is far better at the schmoozing and people-pleaser stuff so he can hopefully take some of that off Pruitt's plate.

There were a few plays where you could tell that Pruitt saw something pre-snap and was relaying the information out to the players. After we got beat by Auburn's O during those first two drives, it felt like Pruitt adjusted and had the Auburn offense figured out.

Pruitt said he didnt make any defensive adjustments but made a lot of offensive ones.

44091719_2174945085848852_7600863289416876032_n.jpg

Wow that’s pretty impressive. He goes with his gut. Surprised this hasn’t gotten more attention. Forgive my ignorance. Is this type of thing uncommon for d coordinators ? Nonetheless a head coach?

Reactions: dduncan4163

VN Store

Back