Culture Change

VFL 24/7

Legend
I'm a recent Tennessee grad and I have friends who play on the team. Conversations that I've have had in the last 48 hours with them have me sold on Pruitt and this staff. The culture has completely changed from past administrations. For these players to block out all of the negativity on how they will be lucky to win 4 games this year, and potentially being the worst team in school history, this team kept their heads down and worked their butt off to pull off an impressive road win. Watching that game Saturday, I was so happy with the heart and effort our team showed all 4 quarters, and like many on here, we are waking up on a Monday for the first time in long time proud to say we are a Tennessee Vol.

I have heard many times a big turning point for this team was Pruitt's emotional post game press conference after the UGA game. For the first time, these players saw a coach that will ride for them, and in turn they came out against Auburn and played for their coach and for each other. The culture has shifted and we are trending in the right direction. Recruiting will pick up, and all we need to do as fans is get behind this team every game. Another awesome point I heard was the incredible turnout VOL FANS had at Auburn for a team that hasn't won an SEC game since 2016. We really do have the most loyal and passionate fan base, and with that I am optimistic Tennessee is a sleeping giant. If we continue to back Pruitt and this team, Tennessee will be back to being Tennessee again. Go Vols, and lets pack Neyland Saturday and show this team the continued support they deserve.

Last edited:
I already had tickets for the Kentucky game. Last night I bought tickets for the Vandy and USCjr games. This team is going bowling and I plan to see as many games as possible.

I know many will call me bandwagon for not already tickets but money is limited and I have to choose where and when I see the VOLS play.

I already had tickets for the Kentucky game. Last night I bought tickets for the Vandy and USCjr games. This team is going bowling and I plan to see as many games as possible.

I know many will call me bandwagon for not already tickets but money is limited and I have to choose where and when I see the VOLS play.

I don't think anyone will ever call a Tennessee fan bandwagon after what we have been through.

I haven't gone to a game since the '71 Sugar Bowl but I love the VOLS. Not an alum but where I came from it was more than just the school, it was about regional pride as well. We had almost no pro sports teams till the Braves. College Football ruled the land. Haven't lived in God's country that much since then but wherever I go I'm sporting some Orange and talking dry witted chit about VOLS.

I am a recent Tennessee grad and I have friends who play on the team. Conversations that I've have had in the last 48 hours with them have me sold on Pruitt and this staff. The culture has completely changed from past administrations. For these players to block out all of the negativity on how they will be lucky to win 4 games this year, and potentially being the worst team in school history, this team kept their heads down and worked their butt off to pull off an impressive road win. Watching that game Saturday, I was so happy with the heart and effort our team showed all 4 quarters, and like many on here, we are waking up on a Monday for the first time in long time proud to say we are a Tennessee Vol.

I have heard many times a big turning point for this team was Pruitt's emotional post game press conference after the UGA game. For the first time, these players saw a coach that will ride for them, and in turn they came out against Auburn and played for their coach and for each other. The culture has shifted and we are trending in the right direction. Recruiting will pick up, and all we need to do as fans is get behind this team every game. Another awesome point I heard was the incredible turnout VOL FANS had at Auburn for a team that hasn't won an SEC game since 2016. We really do have the most loyal and passionate fan base, and with that I am optimistic Tennessee is a sleeping giant. If we continue to back Pruitt and this team, Tennessee will be back to being Tennessee again. Go Vols, and lets pack Neyland Saturday and show this team the continued support they deserve.

You mentioned the negativity about this year's team, do the players pay any attention to this site?

I'm sure some players get on here, but I was more referencing to all the negativity on Twitter and through the national media.
The level of commitment needed by the players for the team to be successful is staggering.

Please pass along our gratitude for all they sacrifice for our enjoyment and bragging rights.

Back to my Doritos.

Reactions: VFL 24/7
The level of commitment needed by the players for the team to be successful is staggering.

Please pass along our gratitude for all they sacrifice for our enjoyment and bragging rights.

Back to my Doritos.
They are well aware how much our fans care. They saw that when Auburn was filled with our fans.

Reactions: VOLED
I haven't gone to a game since the '71 Sugar Bowl but I love the VOLS. Not an alum but where I came from it was more than just the school, it was about regional pride as well. We had almost no pro sports teams till the Braves. College Football ruled the land. Haven't lived in God's country that much since then but wherever I go I'm sporting some Orange and talking dry witted chit about VOLS.
I still see that stray dog running up and down the field in the old Tulane Stadium and The Pride striking up Down the Field when it crossed the goal line.

Another great day to be a Vol!!

I am a recent Tennessee grad and I have friends who play on the team. Conversations that I've have had in the last 48 hours with them have me sold on Pruitt and this staff. The culture has completely changed from past administrations. For these players to block out all of the negativity on how they will be lucky to win 4 games this year, and potentially being the worst team in school history, this team kept their heads down and worked their butt off to pull off an impressive road win. Watching that game Saturday, I was so happy with the heart and effort our team showed all 4 quarters, and like many on here, we are waking up on a Monday for the first time in long time proud to say we are a Tennessee Vol.

one of the better posts I have seen in a while. Thanks.

You just made me all teary-eyed. Go Vols!

I'm sure some players get on here, but I was more referencing to all the negativity on Twitter and through the national media.
I saw a story on facebook from 247 I think, and saw JG's mom made a comment. It was a simple and graceful comment, but really impressed me about her.

Only the most obnoxious true fan police style posters still calls anyone following this program on here bandwagon.

Hope you're right about the bowl game.

They need to survive Saturday healthy and play really smart football ( win 3rd downs and turnover battles ) and they will have a shot against the rest of the SEC schedule. Not saying they win but KY SC MO and Vandy are all flawed teams in their own right.

Only the most obnoxious true fan police style posters still calls anyone following this program on here bandwagon.

Hope you're right about the bowl game.

They need to survive Saturday healthy and play really smart football ( win 3rd downs and turnover battles ) and they will have a shot against the rest of the SEC schedule. Not saying they win but KY SC MO and Vandy are all flawed teams in their own right.
Agreed. We need to just get out of Saturday with a competitive showing and healthy.

Agreed. We need to just get out of Saturday with a competitive showing and healthy.

Yep. Number one goal is stay healthy and play smart. I'm a little worried about the cumulative effect all these hits will eventually take on JG.

Bama feeds off mistakes by the other team and that's how the wheels usually come off against them. They make their opponents pay for mistakes like no other program.

I wouldn't say this directly to any players as I would want them going to any game expecting a win
but keeping it respectable is a huge plus. No shame in losing to them.

Yep. Number one goal is stay healthy and play smart. I'm a little worried about the cumulative effect all these hits will eventually take on JG.

Bama feeds off mistakes by the other team and that's how the wheels usually come off against them. They make their opponents pay for mistakes like no other program.

I wouldn't say this directly to any players as I would want them going to any game expecting a win
but keeping it respectable is a huge plus. No shame in losing to them.
Honestly I want us to make this game ugly and low-scoring but that is going to be a big challenge with their best offense in the Saban era. Hopefully Pruitt will know a little more about what Alabama is going to do since he coached for them last year.

VN Store

Back