Jeremy Pruitt praises Vol Nation, says Tennessee not 'even close to playing our best football' following Auburn win

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...aying-our-best-football-following-auburn-win/

Tennessee fans are now beginning to see tangible evidence of what kind of coach Jeremy Pruitt is following the big 30-24 win at Auburn on Saturday. Immediately after that win, Tennessee’s coach didn’t shower his team with praise, but instead, questioned why they allowed the Tigers to score a meaningless touchdown with under a minute left to play in the game.

Vol Nation should get used to that type of attitude from their coach, as Pruitt is well aware of the attitude and mindset necessary to win big in the SEC. That’s something that came thru during his recent appearance on the Sunday Knoxville-based WMNL radio program The Nation, which is hosted by ESPN’s Chris Low and Volquest’s Austin Price.

On the fan support from Vol Nation:

“Well, I have never questioned the passion that the fans have for this program. To see our fans there, they have been there, it has been great everywhere you go. Everywhere you go, you can see the spirit and passion for Tennessee football and I’m glad our guys can deliver a performance that can make them proud.”

And there it is Nation. Your moment of Zen

GBO

He's right, we made a few mistakes and the run game has to get better and less predictable. We made the big plays we needed to and this game was won on 3rd down and long for us.
Exactly right! JJ and Callaway came up BIG for us with some next level catches

EDIT: Chandler done a good job as well catching the ball IMO

I know I made some mistakes Saturday. I hit the input button instead of the volume button and missded the first interception. I’ve got to stay disciplined and set my volume early. I’ve yet to watch my best game but I did stay through the entire game this week so I’m getting better.

Just great to see some tangible results of getting better, yes we did make some mistakes, but we were still able to go into a ranked SEC west opponents stadium and come away with a W. This is at lease some proof that this staff is on the right track to turning this thing around. Hopefully by year 3 we will be in at least every game that we play. As for the rest of this season, we should be in every game left with the exception of Bama.

I know I made some mistakes Saturday. I hit the input button instead of the volume button and missded the first interception. I’ve got to stay disciplined and set my volume early. I’ve yet to watch my best game but I did stay through the entire game this week so I’m getting better.

That was good for an out-loud chuckle. Always good on a Monday. Thanks, dude.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...aying-our-best-football-following-auburn-win/

Tennessee fans are now beginning to see tangible evidence of what kind of coach Jeremy Pruitt is following the big 30-24 win at Auburn on Saturday. Immediately after that win, Tennessee’s coach didn’t shower his team with praise, but instead, questioned why they allowed the Tigers to score a meaningless touchdown with under a minute left to play in the game.

Vol Nation should get used to that type of attitude from their coach, as Pruitt is well aware of the attitude and mindset necessary to win big in the SEC. That’s something that came thru during his recent appearance on the Sunday Knoxville-based WMNL radio program The Nation, which is hosted by ESPN’s Chris Low and Volquest’s Austin Price.

On the fan support from Vol Nation:

“Well, I have never questioned the passion that the fans have for this program. To see our fans there, they have been there, it has been great everywhere you go. Everywhere you go, you can see the spirit and passion for Tennessee football and I’m glad our guys can deliver a performance that can make them proud.”

And there it is Nation. Your moment of Zen

GBO

They aren't. Didn't you all see those atrocious arm tackles in the first half? We #AIGHT tho!

Reactions: dduncan4163
That last touchdown was not at all meaningless. It put them within one or two big plays of winning the game if they could get the onside kick.
Truthfully, there shouldn't have been as much time on the clock as there was. Their sideline pass caught in bounds before that shouldn't have stopped the clock.

Truthfully, there shouldn't have been as much time on the clock as there was. Their sideline pass caught in bounds before that shouldn't have stopped the clock.
and if iirc, after they got one of the first downs on that drive, they didn't start the clock til the ball was snapped.

Immediately after that win, Tennessee’s coach didn’t shower his team with praise, but instead, questioned why they allowed the Tigers to score a meaningless touchdown with under a minute left to play in the game.

That touchdown wouldn't have been so meaningless had Auburn covered the ensuing on-side kick. I didn't start breathing until Jennings covered the ball. Had Auburn gotten it, they would have had enough time to throw into the end zone more than once - and we're all aware of how we can lose on a Hail Mary.

Amazing game! Our offense line looked like boys against men, the Auburn defensive line was full grown men but the guys never stopped, even when they we're out muscled. Tough gritty performance. GBO!!!!!

Reactions: feathersax
Looked to me like prevent defense the last drive. I'm not the expert, he is, I'm just not understanding what he's alluding to.
I see your point if he went to a prevent that generally means you are willing to give up yardage underneath in favor of letting the clock run. The alignment sure looked prevent to me so it seems a bit contradictory to me but I may be missing something.

Reactions: AaronUT
Not to be too greedy (being that we hadn't won an sec game in like 6 years till this weekend)...but I'd have loved to have seen us gonfor it on 4th and 5 from inside their 35 yard line. Whether we converted or pinned hem deep they were going to march down and score because we were going to give them a 15 yard cushion on every play. It would've been the ultimate explication point to the win imo. But as is I'll take it!

Game ball has to go to both JG and the defense. JG managed to maintain the drives that allowed our defense to get the rest it needed. And thus the defensive game plan was executed very well. I don’t like our chances against the Bammers, but I now feel like we at least have a chance against the rest of the conference schedule.

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back