Finebaum On Gus and Tennessee!!

Wrangler95

“His problem is self-evident,” Finebaum said. “The fans don’t like him. They have no faith in him. They’re not eager to support him, and I really don’t know where this program goes now. … Gus Malzahn doesn’t have a plan moving forward. The plan was exactly what we witnessed on Saturday afternoon against a run-of-the-mill SEC program in Tennessee.”

“His problem is self-evident,” Finebaum said. “The fans don’t like him. They have no faith in him. They’re not eager to support him, and I really don’t know where this program goes now. … Gus Malzahn doesn’t have a plan moving forward. The plan was exactly what we witnessed on Saturday afternoon against a run-of-the-mill SEC program in Tennessee.”
Hey Paul, that run of the mill team which played on Saturday could play with about anyone not named Bama and LSU. Heck, if we played the way we did Sat, the UGA game would have been MUCH closer. The key is, can we continue to improve...I think they can. Paul will jump back on the TN bandwaggon soon enough....not that it matters.

Well. Run-of-the-mill SEC program is a step up from the “bottom-of-the-barrel” we were called after the Florida game. So I assume that is an improvement.

Remember, just a few weeks ago we were in the discussion for worst SEC team this year (vs. Arkansas). So run-of-the-mill = middle of the pack which is an improvement over the past 3 weeks.

I'm just here for what is sure to be an epic phone call from Tammy this week.

Does Charles from Real Town call anymore? I haven’t listened/ watched in about 4 years. His meltdown would be equally as hilarious as Tammy’s .

Hey Paul, that run of the mill team which played on Saturday could play with about anyone not named Bama and LSU. Heck, if we played the way we did Sat, the UGA game would have been MUCH closer. The key is, can we continue to improve...I think they can. Paul will jump back on the TN bandwaggon soon enough....not that it matters.

I don’t want him on our bandwagon. He got off a long time ago. All of the others who did the same just need to stay away. They are not welcomed back.

Don’t care about the rankings or what tier of the SEC we might fall in right now. We witnessed a different team at Auburn and they are in a decidedly upward trajectory. Hate to toss out the “just you wait until next year” mantra but it rings true right about now. JG looked legit and thoughts of WRU were echoing through my mind. Keep them healthy and hungry, fill in a few gaps and teams will soon dread playing our VOLS.

I've noticed that most of the discussion around this weekend's game was about Auburn and their failings. There would be a brief comment about Tennessee or something derogatory like 'run of the mill'. I personally think we're seeing the talent coming together and learning the new system. They're more than 'run of the mill' but time will tell.

VN Store

Back