Offensive Lineman!!

Wrangler95

I know most of us have been very critical of the offensive line this year because they could not open up lanes for the running backs but also their inability to protect the QB.They played alot better this Auburn game against a very good defensive line and it showed giving Jarret a few seconds to find a open receiver.Jarret is a deadly passer if just given the time!!So,Im hoping going forward that the OL continue to get better each week and congrats to their accomplishment!!

Why are all your thread titles so enthusiastic?

Why does the thread need to be negative???????? There was improvement pass protection against a very good DL, but the run blocking needs big improvement. I'm just glad there is improvement SOMEWHERE. I suppose if you like negativity there is plenty of this to go around.

Why does the thread need to be negative???????? There was improvement pass protection against a very good DL, but the run blocking needs big improvement. I'm just glad there is improvement SOMEWHERE. I suppose if you like negativity there is plenty of this to go around.

If you look at the size of our Oline's arms you'll see they are small for offensive linemen, they really need work in the strength and weight department
Saturday they faced a very good dline and performed better than they have all year, hopefully next year will see more improvement

Agree! I think the overall line play has improved tremendously, especially pass protection. I'm getting concerned with the number of injuries we're starting to accumulate on the interior though.

Reactions: OneVolNation
I will say congrats also. I haven't bashed them except to say they were under strengthed. I think they did great.

I agree we saw good improvement but I think JG standing tall helped our overall opinion more than anything. We are still pretty predictable in our run calls which doesn't help them. Pruitt and Helton seem hell bent on toughening this unit up the hard way by forcing them to make a play even when most of us would agree they aren't ready. How many of us would have called that run on 4th down? Not me.

If you look at the size of our Oline's arms you'll see they are small for offensive linemen, they really need work in the strength and weight department
Saturday they faced a very good dline and performed better than they have all year, hopefully next year will see more improvement

Pass blocking if necessary can be just staying in front of your assignment and let him beat the hell out of you all game as long as he doesn't get pressure on the QB. Run blocking has to be about strength, technique, and power and our guys aren't there yet.

Reactions: GRN1926
Smith really took a step back. He’s not back yet. He’s getting beat quite a bit. Hope he gets over the hump. He was really sick so it will be tough.

Auburn's Dline and defense is statistically the best in the sec prior to the game. Obviously we came out ready to play and they didn't hence our win. I'll take it regardless but the fact remains is out Oline has gotten better and we need to get a lot better this week before bama if we want to be in the same zip code with them on the score board

I know most of us have been very critical of the offensive line this year because they could not open up lanes for the running backs but also their inability to protect the QB.They played alot better this Auburn game against a very good defensive line and it showed giving Jarret a few seconds to find a open receiver.Jarret is a deadly passer if just given the time!!So,Im hoping going forward that the OL continue to get better each week and congrats to their accomplishment!!
I seen JG take 4 or 5 hits he was very lucky to get up from. They need to do alot better than what they did against Auburn.

I don't think there are too many mean bones in this group of offensive linemen. Trey seems to have a mean streak in him, but most don't seem to care if they stay with their blocks or look up at the birds as they fly over the stadium. IMO an offensive linemen goes till the whistle blows. We have a few that have not got that concept in offensive blocking.

VN Store

Back