Where are the powerhouses from yesteryear?

HoopCreekVol

I may have missed it, but I have not seen a lot of negativity for Nebraska. I am sure there is much going on in Lincoln. When I was in college, Nebraska was a powerhouse. Look at them now. These things come and go. Yes, we have our own troubles but look at all of the colleges that were powerhouses before. They are all climbing back. Remember the days of Miami? They were feared. Richt is doing a good job of trying to bring them back but they are no Alabama. Adding and removing coaches won't always do it. Saturday was a great game because there were no magic trickerations, fancy plays or Hail Marys. Just solid football. People doing what they were brought on to do. Could have been better but that is what you work on in practice. We weren't given much of a chance. But it did not matter. Those guys believed in themselves and we saw the outcome. GO VOLS!

Reactions: Powder and shot
I believe Nebraska is a tougher rebuild than Tennessee. The days of unlimited number of players on a team are long gone. Guys no longer play for the pride of the state school they go wherever the grass looks green enough to get into the league.
What does Nebraska have to offer? At least Tennessee has the SEC as a drawing card.
Good luck to Scott Frost, going home can be difficult and I'm sure he knew that. Probably a big reason he was hesitant to say yes.

Growing up I loved the Thanksgiving week game between immovable Nebraska and irresistible Oklahoma. My favorite rivalry outside the Vol’s. Option football. College football is better with a strong Nebraska.

Nebraska may not get back to being a national power, but Frost will get back to winning 9-10 games a year consistently. They play in the easiest division in all of the P5 conferences

I may have missed it, but I have not seen a lot of negativity for Nebraska. I am sure there is much going on in Lincoln. When I was in college, Nebraska was a powerhouse. Look at them now. These things come and go. Yes, we have our own troubles but look at all of the colleges that were powerhouses before. They are all climbing back. Remember the days of Miami? They were feared. Richt is doing a good job of trying to bring them back but they are no Alabama. Adding and removing coaches won't always do it. Saturday was a great game because there were no magic trickerations, fancy plays or Hail Marys. Just solid football. People doing what they were brought on to do. Could have been better but that is what you work on in practice. We weren't given much of a chance. But it did not matter. Those guys believed in themselves and we saw the outcome. GO VOLS!

Miami: Not last week, Virginia upset them.

Nebraska switched Texas recruiting grounds for Chicago-Ohio recruiting and it hasn't paid off for them. They are the new guys and it will take a long time to get established there. Iowa and Colorado are better teams now too which means that those states are harder to recruit and believe me Nebraska still has a healthy following in the Centennial State! Nebraska needs to establish an annual game with a good Texas team and probably play it every year in DFW, Austin, San Antonio or Houston. DFW would be best. Or with Colorado to renew that rivalry and play it in Denver. Great Rabid Fans but convincing recruits to move to Lincoln isn't easy by any stretch.

FSU is struggling too. Minnesota, UCLA and Georgia Tech were once an elite football schools as well.

VN Store

Back