Wednesday Practice Thread Bama Week

Fingers

Offensive line drills were more crowded on Wednesday with Jahmir Johnson back in drills and Riley Locklear again participating.
However, it looks like that freshman Jerome Carvin will stick in the starting lineup at left guard as he got the most work between Trey Smith at left tackle and Ryan Johnson at center. Nathan Niehaus and Drew Richmond continue to work alongside each other on the right side, though Niehaus also got some work back at left tackle. Locklear worked mostly at center, where he'll be Johnson's backup, and right guard.

Jahmir Johnson had his right ankle noticeably taped and look a little limited, though he did go through multiple reps.

Princeton Fant was getting reps at tight end alongside Eli Wolf, LaTrell Bumphus, Austin Pope, Andrew Craig and freshman Jacob Warren, who was in a scout-team jersey.

Of note with the latter group, freshman JJ Peterson was lining up at outside linebacker and Daniel Bituli, who has been used as an edge rusher in dime packages this season, was with this group and not the other linebackers.

Tennessee's secondary looks unlikely to undergo any changes in terms of its starting lineup this week, but Baylen Buchanan and Marquill Osborne are being afforded more opportunities to settle into play the Star (nickel) and Money (dime) positions, the same goes for Shawn Shamburger at safety.
-Patrick Brown

Jeremy Pruitt opened practice working with the quarterbacks and receivers, but quickly transitioned back to defense where the secondary worked on blitzes and pattern-matching. With Micah Abernathy still limited, Shawn Shamburger was the safety paired with Nigel Warrior. In the rabbit’s package, Marquill Osborne was on the field over Theo Jackson.

Jeremy Pruitt opened practice working with the quarterbacks and receivers, but quickly transitioned back to defense where the secondary worked on blitzes and pattern-matching. With Micah Abernathy still limited, Shawn Shamburger was the safety paired with Nigel Warrior. In the rabbit’s package, Marquill Osborne was on the field over Theo Jackson.

JJ Peterson was working with the OLBs for the second straight day. The freshman was mostly receiving individual attention on pass rushing moves and was not taking reps with the main group.
-Jesse Simonton

Tumblr_m0uw4bjZAs1qdaaw6o1_500.gif

Really need a big game for DWA and other tight ends against Bama. Defending the TE is one area they've struggled with mightily so far this season.

Watching the Auburn game for the 4th time this week. I expect Tennessee to use that RB streak down the middle of the field against Bama since they will be rushing us like crazy.

We could have used it more against Auburn but I think our staff wanted to keep it somewhat under wraps.

Watching the Auburn game for the 4th time this week. I expect Tennessee to use that RB streak down the middle of the field against Bama since they will be rushing us like crazy.

We could have used it more against Auburn but I think our staff wanted to keep it somewhat under wraps.

Yea, we have definitely been keeping it vanilla until this game. Now the real Vols will show up.
😂

Yea, we have definitely been keeping it vanilla until this game. Now the real Vols will show up.
😂

Think you misinterpret what I’m saying. I’m literally watching the game for the 4th time and that running back streak down the middle was open pretty much the whole time. What I’m saying is if Helton wanted to he could have ran it more then he did.

Heck he ran it twice in the same series granted one was a middle of the field streak and one was down the sideline and scored twice with it (although one was called back for holding)

Btw, who is the #99 on defense in practice now, since Kongbo is out? This is the 2nd day in a row I’ve seen another #99.

Think you misinterpret what I’m saying. I’m literally watching the game for the 4th time and that running back streak down the middle was open pretty much the whole time. What I’m saying is if Helton wanted to he could have ran it more then he did.

Heck he ran it twice in the same series granted one was a middle of the field streak and one was down the sideline and scored twice with it (although one was called back for holding)
Hopefully we see the obvious this week. Running it up the gut on first down was as effective as spiking it.

VN Store

Back