What does the typical Bama fan look like?

MadWorld

Caligula would grin.

He's a 38 year old grandfather who owns 14 shirts, thirteen of which have to do with Alabama football. Ten of those shirts list the number of mythical national titles his favorite team has "won".

The most important aspect of his life is that EVERYONE must know that Alabama is his favorite team at every moment of his life. His truck, his trailer, his clothes, his pets, his arms, his parole papers - all of them must include a reference to his Bama fandom. There is only 2 months of the year that a bama fan can get married. June and July, because these are the only 2 months when bama is not playing football or having a spring football game.

The Alabama fan base is a fractious mix of two distinct groups who can’t really stand each other.

At the top of the list is the 10-15% of the fan base that could actually be admitted to Alabama or attended the school.

This group hates most of the rest of the Alabama fan base with a passionate fury.

The other 85% of Bama fans are incapable of coherent thought and have a deep-seated insecurity about all things in life. Alabama football comprises, and this is not an exaggeration, 99% of their self esteem. The suicide prevention line in Alabama has a list of "on-call" associates who must report to work when Bama puts its FG unit on the field.

50% of the "other 85%" live in Alabama and have nothing else to root for, and the remaining 50% of the "other 85%" are a little smarter. They live in other states such as Tennessee, Mississippi, or Georgia. They claim that their parents moved to these states when they were 5. All of these are the bandwagon bammers. They are all silently glad their parents didn't stay in Alabama so they could have running water and electricity for their mobile homes.

Fully half of all Bama fans have a dog, cat or more likely a son or daughter named Bryant. In 10 years you will see a bunch of 8-9 year olds named Tua running around. Now you will understand why.

25% of bama fans did not see the finish of last years NC game, because they either shot or threw a bottle of beer at their big screens when Tua was sacked in overtime. They had to hear the shouts of ROLL TIDE in their trailer park after Bama actually came back and won.

To bad the toothbrush was invented by an Alabama fan. If it had been invented by a Tennessee fan, it would have been called to the teethbrush.

666e0edc1102a15782e08f8a91e082ac--football-memes-football-season.jpg

Last edited:
True story

When I encounter most Bama fans, I will ask them a question that even you & I that are Tennessee fans know the answer to . I will ask them something like " Who is Bama's starting Center?" they aren't able to answer that question. So, they aren't serious fans.
Also, the greater majority of them didn't become Bama fans until Saban took over. They have no taste of Bama losing.

I am sure we all remember Harvey Updike.

Does anyone else on here recall the year that Bama lost to Auburn and some Bama fans were having a cook out after the game. One lady, who was just a casual football fan and not necessarily a Bama fan, said "Why is everyone upset? It is just a game that we lost to Auburn" One of the by standers, pulled out a pistol and shot that lady in the chest.

Meh. SEC schools are mostly all the same, and we're all proud southerners with rich heritage. Tearing down Bama or anyone else in the SEC just makes us collectively look worse. Particularly when you write it as poorly as OP. WVU was the premier opponent fanbase that could have been spotlighted for this type of slam.

I grew up in Alabama and I don’t know a single Bryant. There are a great many pairs of dogs named Bear and Bryant though

Reactions: TrentVol
Bama has "typical fans"?

The real Bama fans are decent folk, they just have a condition that keeps them from seeing how horrid those crimson uniforms look. Those folks are knowledgeable fans and support the SEC and have for decades and are fine by me.

Trouble is they only make up like 20% of their fan base. The other 80% is made up of a mix of inbred toothless people that should have been shot onto the goats back and bandwagon fans who have no clue about the team or the history.

When I encounter most Bama fans, I will ask them a question that even you & I that are Tennessee fans know the answer to . I will ask them something like " Who is Bama's starting Center?"
I don't think many Tennessee fans know our starting center either.

I have noticed that Alabama fans outside of the Tuscaloosa/Birmingham area tend to be your stereotypical Alabama fans, the ones we make fun of here. When I go to Birmingham, 90% of the people wearing Alabama gear or have a sticker on their car seem like completely normal people. A lot of them are upper/upper middle class, preppy, Bama bangs-type of people, a lot of whom are probably alums. Despite what the OP says, which is funny, these folks actually make up a majority of their fans and certainly make up a majority of the people attending the games and spending the money that supports the program.

When you get outside of that area, you really start to run into the bandwagoners with 4 teeth who have never stepped foot on the UA campus, or any college campus for that matter. I've known people who have been Alabama fans for 40+ years and never even attended a game, been on campus, been to Tuscaloosa, or even lived in the state of Alabama for any length of time. Never seen anything like it.

I know several who played for the Tide and several who coached for the Tide. All of those people certainly are quality folks. But I do get annoyed at the Bama “fans” I know who never showed any allegiance to anyone until the last 10 plus years. It’s hard to have a serious discussion with them about college football. In the big scheme of life this stuff really is trivial but annoying never the less. JMO of course.

Hey posters,!, don't look in the mirror. I include myself. The only thing I enjoy about Bama is that my wife's son-in-law is a A-Burn fan. Now that's fun....
P.S. I have the daughter-in-laws.

He's a 38 year old grandfather who owns 14 shirts, thirteen of which have to do with Alabama football. Ten of those shirts list the number of mythical national titles his favorite team has "won".

The most important aspect of his life is that EVERYONE must know that Alabama is his favorite team at every moment of his life. His truck, his trailer, his clothes, his pets, his arms, his parole papers - all of them must include a reference to his Bama fandom. There is only 2 months of the year that a bama fan can get married. June and July, because these are the only 2 months when bama is not playing football or having a spring football game.

The Alabama fan base is a fractious mix of two distinct groups who can’t really stand each other.

At the top of the list is the 10-15% of the fan base that could actually be admitted to Alabama or attended the school.

This group hates most of the rest of the Alabama fan base with a passionate fury.

The other 85% of Bama fans are incapable of coherent thought and have a deep-seated insecurity about all things in life. Alabama football comprises, and this is not an exaggeration, 99% of their self esteem. The suicide prevention line in Alabama has a list of "on-call" associates who must report to work when Bama puts its FG unit on the field.

50% of the "other 85%" live in Alabama and have nothing else to root for, and the remaining 50% of the "other 85%" are a little smarter. They live in other states such as Tennessee, Mississippi, or Georgia. They claim that their parents moved to these states when they were 5. All of these are the bandwagon bammers. They are all silently glad their parents didn't stay in Alabama so they could have running water and electricity for their mobile homes.

Fully half of all Bama fans have a dog, cat or more likely a son or daughter named Bryant. In 10 years you will see a bunch of 8-9 year olds named Tua running around. Now you will understand why.

25% of bama fans did not see the finish of last years NC game, because they either shot or threw a bottle of beer at their big screens when Tua was sacked in overtime. They had to hear the shouts of ROLL TIDE in their trailer park after Bama actually came back and won.

To bad the toothbrush was invented by an Alabama fan. If it had been invented by a Tennessee fan, it would have been called to the teethbrush.

666e0edc1102a15782e08f8a91e082ac--football-memes-football-season.jpg
I have two good friends who are huge Tide fans. One graduated with honors from Alabama, and is currently a lawyer in a nearby town. The other one became a Bama fan when his buddy, the lawyer, decided to attend school there. The one who didn't go to school there has much of his property decorated with Bama stuff. The lawyer has his diploma framed and a small alumni sticker on his truck, but that's about it. They grew up together and are best friends, but you'd swear they were mortal enemies when a Bama game is on. One is a Hurts fan, the other prefers Tua. One loved Kiffin when he was OC, the other couldn't stand him. It's actually quite funny to watch them go at during a game. Oh, and one gives me constant Hell about being a Tennessee fan, and the other is usually pretty reserved about it. Guess which one is which?

I don't think many Tennessee fans know our starting center either.

I have noticed that Alabama fans outside of the Tuscaloosa/Birmingham area tend to be your stereotypical Alabama fans, the ones we make fun of here. When I go to Birmingham, 90% of the people wearing Alabama gear or have a sticker on their car seem like completely normal people. A lot of them are upper/upper middle class, preppy, Bama bangs-type of people, a lot of whom are probably alums. Despite what the OP says, which is funny, these folks actually make up a majority of their fans and certainly make up a majority of the people attending the games and spending the money that supports the program.

When you get outside of that area, you really start to run into the bandwagoners with 4 teeth who have never stepped foot on the UA campus, or any college campus for that matter. I've known people who have been Alabama fans for 40+ years and never even attended a game, been on campus, been to Tuscaloosa, or even lived in the state of Alabama for any length of time. Never seen anything like it.

I've been thru Tuscaloosa. I could appreciate a Bama fan that has resisted going there for 40 years.

VN Store

Back