Herbstreit: "...it wouldn't shock me at all if this is Alabama's toughest test to this point."

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Dpy9MR3XUAABpi3.jpg:large

via SEC Mike

Has anyone actually been in the game at the start of the 3rd Q against bama this year? Have they had to play one single 2 half football game yet?

Reactions: mickey1969
Herbstreit is feelin TN lately. I think it will be closer than most think.
Not just lately. Herbie seems to have a soft spot for us. I remember him picking us to win the division in '06 despite the disaster the previous season. Off the top of my head, I know that he also picked us in '15 and '16 as well. I think it's safe to say that any criticism from him is, like many members of this site, due to his high expectations.

Reactions: VolsLady-in-FL
Has anyone actually been in the game at the start of the 3rd Q against bama this year? Have they had to play one single 2 half football game yet?

The games have been over at halftime. A&M and Mizzou were the closest at the half and they were down by 3 possessions in Tuscaloosa.

Herbstreit with the jinx...but hopefully we can prove him right on Saturday.
Corso historically has been a jinx (like he is to a lot of teams), not Herbstreit. Corso "jinxes" teams because he has this tendency to pick home underdogs on College GameDay in order to get the crowd juiced, but they're still an underdog, so they lose more often than not.

Reactions: tbh
if Tua is still playing in the 4th qtr, yeah, sure, i'll call that a W.

but i don't see it. their offense puts way too much stress on their oppoents...on boht sides of the ball. and you just cannot make ANY defensive mistakes at all, otherwise, they probably score. and God forbid you turn it over or give them something cheap on special teams.

still think they win by 3 possessions. just stay healthy, and let's make a run in November.

Not just lately. Herbie seems to have a soft spot for us. I remember him picking us to win the division in '06 despite the disaster the previous season. Off the top of my head, I know that he also picked us in '15 and '16 as well. I think it's safe to say that any criticism from him is, like many members of this site, due to his high expectations.
He does have some kind of soft spot for Tennessee, not sure why. Perhaps because he lives in Nashville? He's been really complementary of JG this week, and I know he did have a big game, but it isn't some huge topic of conversation in the national media that covers CFB. When Tennessee is mentioned on GameDay, he calls for upsets more often than you'd think.

I'd love to see this happen, but I don't expect us to play Alabama better than A&M did. I think the best we can hope for is that it is their toughest road game to date, because they sure haven't had one of those.

I think LSU is the only team with the ability to even somewhat challenge Alabama this year, barring some kind of massive intra-season improvement from Auburn's offense.

Reactions: utvolorange

VN Store

Back