Fulmer versus Alabama

OffTackleVol

As a player (1968, '69, '70, and '71 seasons) - 3 wins and 1 loss.
As a Head Coach - 11 wins and 5 losses.
As the Athletic Director - TBD
When Fulmer hired Pruitt, I told my wife my only concern is that he's a Bama guy. My wife had a great response. She said that as much as the knuckle-draggers hate Fulmer now, think how bad they'll hate him if Fulmer turns the tables on Bama with one of their own. Hopefully about 5 years from now, Pruitt is 3-2 versus tree-killers/tea-baggers.

That's OK if Bammers want Pruitt. They'd only consider him unless he really turned Tennessee around. And by "turned around" I don't mean 9-3 with a Citrus Bowl berth, because that isn't good enough for them. I mean 10-12 wins with SECCG appearances and probably conference titles.

If Pruitt ever left for Alabama, he'd be leaving the program in a great position in all likelihood after a run of success and we'd be in position to hire a top candidate as a replacement.

When Fulmer hired Pruitt, I told my wife my only concern is that he's a Bama guy. My wife had a great response. She said that as much as the knuckle-draggers hate Fulmer now, think how bad they'll hate him if Fulmer turns the tables on Bama with one of their own. Hopefully about 5 years from now, Pruitt is 3-2 versus tree-killers/tea-baggers.

Hearing that Phil already has evidence again. Bammer headed back on probation, vacating pervious years, etc. The usual stuff...

Vols' Fulmer Told NCAA About Alabama Violations

Reactions: livefaith
Hearing that Phil already has evidence again. Bammer headed back on probation, vacating pervious years, etc. The usual stuff...

Vols' Fulmer Told NCAA About Alabama Violations
Can you imagine if that story occurred today, with college football in general (and SEC football in particular) being more popular and with social media?

I don't think many fanbases outside of Alabama and Tennessee exactly know Fulmer's role in all of that. Pretty funny.

Coach Bill Battle was a Bama guy and beat Bear Bryant and the Crimson Tide on his very first try as the head coach of the Vols in 1970 at Neyland Stadium 24-0.

Yea, Battle won the first and then lost the next 5-6 games in the series. Interesting, when we won in 1970 for our fourth straight win over the Tide, it tied the series at 24 wins each with several ties. Be nice if Pruitt could do what Battle did......in reverse, lose the first and win the next 5-6.

Wasn't exactly the toughest stretch in Bammer history. Heck, they didn't even finished ranked half the time.

You try to go back and do some research, but it's so stankin difficult because of all their forfeited wins and what-not. Quit cheatin' Bammer. It makes it hard for us to look up W/L records and crap.

Dang. Your wife was on point with the tea bag/ tree killer remark.

Impressive.

Reactions: stephp4ut
Wasn't exactly the toughest stretch in Bammer history. Heck, they didn't even finished ranked half the time.

You try to go back and do some research, but it's so stankin difficult because of all their forfeited wins and what-not. Quit cheatin' Bammer. It makes it hard for us to look up W/L records and crap.

Well let’s iust pretend Bama hasn’t beaten us 11 years in a row because we’re going through our worst stretch as a program.

Reactions: Smokeyman

VN Store

Back