Replays in the stadium

I wish we could see more replays. It seems like we are only shown replays of positive plays. Why are we afraid to show replays of negative plays?

I was talking to a friend of mine at the game today about this. I never got to see replays on the plays I actually wanted to see.

Reactions: TrentVol
I completely agree 100%! There were very little replays and even when they did show one or two here or there, sometimes the camera wasn't focused on the aspect I was looking for. Multiple times there were penalties and questionable calls, and then no replay. Safety, no replay. Guy gets hurt, no replay. I had no idea what was going on a few times or if certain penalties were justified.

I hope the university gets word because it really diminished the in-game experience for me.

When they catch Bammers making cheap shots they should replay that along with video of the officials not flagging them. Then again that would mean virtually every play, and we'd still be in the first half this morning.

Reactions: TNJOKER
They aren't going to show replays of UT giving up a safety or a player getting hurt. No stadium will and why would you want to watch that anyways

You all would have died when the best info you could hope for was the old guy in front of you with headphones repeating JW updates.

They aren't going to show replays of UT giving up a safety or a player getting hurt. No stadium will and why would you want to watch that anyways

You all would have died when the best info you could hope for was the old guy in front of you with headphones repeating JW updates.

Auburn showed almost every play on their jumbo tron. Reviews which the safety was. Tennessee and Auburn touchdowns and reviews. Guys got hurt on several plays. Their high jumbo doesn’t have half the screen covered with ads. UT takes in more money then has a poorer experience for the fans. They don’t care about us. They just want your wallet.

Was more affordable back then. I would be fine with that and am old enough to remember no jumbo days.

Lol... Man I remember that.

I graduated from UTK in 91, long before in stadium video replays. I'm still alive. I wish instead of seeing fans in the stadium, we could see replays of the negative plays also. I'm aware that we live in a "positive thoughts only" society, but some of us negative guys live in reality.

I graduated from UTK in 91, long before in stadium video replays. I'm still alive. I wish instead of seeing fans in the stadium, we could see replays of the negative plays also. I'm aware that we live in a "positive thoughts only" society, but some of us negative guys live in reality.
Nobody uses their jumbotron like a DVR.

Reactions: 91Vol
I noticed this as well yesterday. I look to the jumbotron to see replays all the time. Yesterday, they were few and far between on the plays I wanted to see over. They used to replay every play or almost every play.

This is disappointing.

It wasn't just plays that went against us though. It was questionable penalties against us, it was positive plays for us. There were barely any replays whatsoever. They just show ads all throughout the game.

Reactions: JacketVol
It wasn't just plays that went against us though. It was questionable penalties against us, it was positive plays for us. There were barely any replays whatsoever. They just show ads all throughout the game.
It’s been like this for awhile and it’s irritating. And it wasn’t always like this. We got replays for the good and bad and questionable plays during the Fulmer era on the ****** Jumbotron.

I wish we could see more replays. It seems like we are only shown replays of positive plays. Why are we afraid to show replays of negative plays?

Other universities do the same thing. I'd imagine the home audience prefers encoraging rather than discouraging. Now, a counter question for you. Do you love our team or hate them?

It’s been like this for awhile and it’s irritating. And it wasn’t always like this. We got replays for the good and bad and questionable plays during the Fulmer era on the ****** Jumbotron.

Like the guy beside me said, maybe they don't want to rile the fans up? Who knows but it is bs, they should replay almost every play.

Auburn's use of their video board was about as good as I've seen anywhere. Replayed nearly every play, even went split screen when Auburn was going fast on offense to show live and replay at the same time. Continually showed team stats on the side and at least 5 or 6 times went to a live look in of the Vandy-UF game and Ohio State's game when it was close. It still had just as many ads and ours does on the sides, but used the space much better and had much better use of content.

Other universities do the same thing. I'd imagine the home audience prefers encoraging rather than discouraging. Now, a counter question for you. Do you love our team or hate them?
Love the Vols, been to hundreds and hundreds of games. We've only missed 1 this year, Auburn. I love the Vols during positive and negative plays. I only live in reality. I understand some plays are good (positive), some are bad (negative). I am able to see both.
I love the Vols so much, I went to see them yesterday having a pretty good idea of how the game would end.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Love the Vols, been to hundreds and hundreds of games. We've only missed 1 this year, Auburn. I love the Vols during positive and negative plays. I only live in reality. I understand some plays are good (positive), some are bad (negative). I am able to see both.
I love the Vols so much, I went to see them yesterday having a pretty good idea of how the game would end.

Man, you just gotta love a Vols lover.

One reason for not showing negative plays is because the player gets called out on anonymous message boards for being garbage, trash, etc. We do love to eat our own!

Kind of like polishing a turd up for 10 years and people keep paying good money to see it.

VN Store

Back