The quest for 6...

When building. Program step 1 is to beat the teams you're supposed to beat; vandy, UK, scar, mizzou

Scar has played competitively with everyone besides UGA. They'll be a good litmus test for us and a good W for Pruitt in his first year if we can make it happen.

SC is going to be tough. They're coming off a bye and we're going to have some holes due to injury next week, from the look of it. Charlotte should be a given. Vandy is very winnable. Mizz and UK will both be tough outs. I think it's doable if we can keep improving and stay healthy.

SC is going to be tough. They're coming off a bye and we're going to have some holes due to injury next week, from the look of it. Charlotte should be a given. Vandy is very winnable. Mizz and UK will both be tough outs. I think it's doable if we can keep improving and stay healthy.

Agreed. Charlotte is a gimme. Vandy is winnable. 1 of scar, mizzou, and UK surely can be obtainable.

A win next Saturday would get the fanbase pumped for the remaining schedule.

I think 3 wins is definitely attainable. We have Charlotte, and Vandy and Kentucky both looked like gutter trash tonight. We have Kentucky in Neyland, so that helps.
South Carolina is a question mark. Muschamp despises us, they had a bye game today, and it is on the road. The series has been close for years. Toss up.
I'm not sure we can keep on pace with Mizzou given our offensive issues.
We have a chance to win each of our remaining games. I don't think we will, but I think we win 3 or 4. It is critical we get to any bowl game, we desperately need the extra practices. I don't care who we beat to get there.
Well, I lied a little. I'd love to curb stomp South Carolina. I can't stand that smug prick Muschamp.

Agreed. Charlotte is a gimme. Vandy is winnable. 1 of scar, mizzou, and UK surely can be obtainable.

A win next Saturday would get the fanbase pumped for the remaining schedule.
Beating SC would make me much more confident for sure. I just wish we had Charlotte next week instead. We had several folks get banged up tonight. If we beat SC I think we win 7.

7 would be a good season for Pruitt's first year. Win the bowl and be 8-5, very solid start

I've been saying a bowl should be the goal. If Pruitt gets 7 it's a great sign. Beating SC gives us momentum and I think that carries through Charlotte to UK. Lose to SC and we may just win 5. This team fights and has already won on the road. Let's hope we can get some folks healthy this week.

I've been saying a bowl should be the goal. If Pruitt gets 7 it's a great sign. Beating SC gives us momentum and I think that carries through Charlotte to UK. Lose to SC and we may just win 5. This team fights and has already won on the road. Let's hope we can get some folks healthy this week.

I agree. SC will provide a lot of momentum and we could take one from mizzou or uk

Reactions: TrentVol
I agree. SC will provide a lot of momentum and we could take one from mizzou or uk
I had been thinking UK was our hardest winnable game down the stretch. But after seeing them play Vandy tonight, they are crumbling a bit. If we win 7 I think it's SC, UK, and Vandy. Mizz is probably the least likely.

I had been thinking UK was our hardest winnable game down the stretch. But after seeing them play Vandy tonight, they are crumbling a bit. If we win 7 I think it's SC, UK, and Vandy. Mizz is probably the least likely.

Vandy has played everyone on their schedule close though

Vandy has played everyone on their schedule close though
Mizz looks to much like WV for my taste. Vandy played UK and ND tough. UF, UGA, and SC weren't really close in the end. They also squeaked by TN State.

Charlotte is a win. Vandy, I think we've got a slightly better than even chance to beat, any of the rest, make no mistake, we will be stealing. I would say that South Carolina was our best chance but it's on the road. Maybe Kentucky? They've looked less impressive in recent weeks but they still play sound fundamental football. Missouri, well, I fear we are in deep s**t against Missouri. We do not match up well against them, and they could beat Purdue, which it appears even Ohio State couldn't.

Reactions: orangepridenation
Charlotte is a win. Vandy, I think we've got a slightly better than even chance to beat, any of the rest, make no mistake, we will be stealing. I would say that South Carolina was our best chance but it's on the road. Maybe Kentucky? They've looked less impressive in recent weeks but they still play sound fundamental football. Missouri, well, I fear we are in deep s**t against Missouri. We do not match up well against them, and they could beat Purdue, which it appears even Ohio State couldn't.
We should be competitive and have a chance to win each of the remaining games. That is not to say we will win them all, or even that.we should expect to, but we have a shot.

Reactions: GRN1926
We should be competitive and have a chance to win each of the remaining games. That is not to say we will win them all, or even that.we should expect to, but we have a shot.
I wasn't saying we CAN'T win those 3 games (UK, Sakerlina, or Mizz), just that we face an uphill climb. If we beat Vandy, Charlotte, and one of them, it will have been a good season.

Reactions: swamprat#10
I think 3 wins is definitely attainable. We have Charlotte, and Vandy and Kentucky both looked like gutter trash tonight. We have Kentucky in Neyland, so that helps.
South Carolina is a question mark. Muschamp despises us, they had a bye game today, and it is on the road. The series has been close for years. Toss up.
I'm not sure we can keep on pace with Mizzou given our offensive issues.
We have a chance to win each of our remaining games. I don't think we will, but I think we win 3 or 4. It is critical we get to any bowl game, we desperately need the extra practices. I don't care who we beat to get there.
Well, I lied a little. I'd love to curb stomp South Carolina. I can't stand that smug prick Muschamp.

Can't agree more, and can't like this post enough. Nailed it both ways.

Go Vols.

You probably beat Charlotte and Vandy to get to 5. Getting bowl eligible would be a successful first season for Pruitt.

VN Store

Back