Who would you like to see a Home and Home with? (now with more poll)

Who would you like to see a home and home series with (answer up to 3)

• Texas

Votes: 103 51.0%
  • Michigan

Votes: 61 30.2%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 53 26.2%
  • Southern Cal

Votes: 49 24.3%
  • Penn State

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 27 13.4%
  • UCLA

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • Clemson

Votes: 51 25.2%
  • Florida State

Votes: 38 18.8%
  • Washington

Votes: 22 10.9%

• Total voters

Grand Vol

Official VN Armorer
Lab Rat
Based on the thread here, these teams are the top mentions from posters.

Choose up to three teams you'd like to see a home and home series with.

I really want to see a Pac 12 home and home. Washington would be cool. UCLA, USC, or Cal as well.

I get the poll is mostly for big name teams where we would like to visit, but I honestly believe the time has come where we could benefit with an ongoing home and home with Memphis. They would be a team we should be able to beat most years, but they've gotten good enough where it would be a decent OOC win. Every other year it would be like having an extra home game as far as fan support goes. It gives fans in West TN a chance to feel more connected to the team. And given Ole Miss' current dumpster fire status, recruiting that area could be even more lucrative than normal. It's not getting to visit Notre Dame, but it definitely has a lot of pros.

I picked Notre Dame and UCLA, because we have a history with both teams and iIrc, owe 'em both a beat down. For my final pick, Clemson. My 3 reasons for wanting to play Clemson:
1. Revenge for that last bowl game
2. Revenge for stealing a bunch of UTs highly rated local recruits like Tee and Amari
3. Because I am jealous of their recent success and want to beat their a$$ on the field

Until the city of Knoxville decides to move into the 21st century with their entertainment tax policies nothing is going to matter. The idea of a big home/home series just won't happen. They will continue to be primarily neutral site games.

GO BIG ORANGE! and get with the program, Knoxville!

picked Michigan, Penn St and Clemson.

Been to UT games at Notre Dame (4 times) and UCLA. I've been to a Michigan - Ohio St game in Columbus.

So took my top 3..

I’d really like to have a home and home with WVU. Or a neutral site game for that matter. Their fans were trash and I’d love another shot at them.

I get the poll is mostly for big name teams where we would like to visit, but I honestly believe the time has come where we could benefit with an ongoing home and home with Memphis. They would be a team we should be able to beat most years, but they've gotten good enough where it would be a decent OOC win. Every other year it would be like having an extra home game as far as fan support goes. It gives fans in West TN a chance to feel more connected to the team. And given Ole Miss' current dumpster fire status, recruiting that area could be even more lucrative than normal. It's not getting to visit Notre Dame, but it definitely has a lot of pros.
Just my opinion here so don’t take offense but I’ve never seen any positive reason to play Memphis in any sport. Our recruiting levels haven’t been effected either way in the past.

I have always thought that Tennessee & Texas would be a natural rivalry, but we have never faced them in the regular season. We have played them three times in the Cotton Bowl, twice in the '50s and once in the late '60s. We're 1-2 against the Longhorns. We owe them a good ol' Tennessee dog whoopin', with apologies to the late, great Ron Wright.

Mich. - a natural.
USC is where I have a little problem. face it, they are and have been the face of football out west. Regardless of how the are playing year to year they are it for exposure. We are as strong exposure wise year in and year out as anyone in the east. Would make a win win for both programs.

On the list it would be Washington, But (Unless they improved it) I wasn't impressed with Husky Stadium. Even thou it is a beautiful campus.

The team not on the list, would be Nebraska. They have a great fan base, and I feel both Pruitt and Frost will get both of our problems back toward the top, where they belong.

VN Store

Back