Best way to slow down Drew Lock

JACK8254

i have maybe 1 % of JP's football acumen . That said - this Drew Lock guy is wicked good: I was shocked he didnt go NFL last year ( probably too much competition ) To me the only chance you have is rushing 5-8 guys almost every down. The Gators played alot of zone and he destroyed them. I know that our DBs are not great at man-to man coverage , but there is really no other way to win this game. Plus it's gonna take many points and we need to gamble of offense also. If the team is as fired-up today as last week, we will win the game. But, it wont be easy. Even a good QB can't throw if he is on his back all the time. GBO!!!!!

i have maybe 1 % of JP's football acumen . That said - this Drew Lock guy is wicked good: I was shocked he didnt go NFL last year ( probably too much competition ) To me the only chance you have is rushing 5-8 guys almost every down. The Gators played alot of zone and he destroyed them. I know that our DBs are not great at man-to man coverage , but there is really no other way to win this game. Plus it's gonna take many points and we need to gamble of offense also. If the team is as fired-up today as last week, we will win the game. But, it wont be easy. Even a good QB can't throw if he is on his back all the time. GBO!!!!!
Maybe rush 5 but it would be suicide to rush 7 or 8.

“Uh...how ‘bout ME MOTHER§€£€%!!!!!”

7615713.JPG

Id walk guys up to line of scrimmage often and make it as hard as possible for him to tell presnap if they are dropping back or coming after him. Its not that a unique idea but less coaches now days like to walk players up to drop them or vice versa

Reactions: vol4life2012
You need to be able to have a good rush with 4 and keep 7 in coverage because Locke's release is too quick. Occasional blitzes maybe, but if you are sending 5-6 and can't get him you have serious problem's on the backend because he is very good at locating his hot route and getting rid of the ball.

Our DBs have been running man pretty much the whole year and we have two freshman DBs who have been pretty lockdown.

Reactions: TJSVOLS
I’m hoping the DBs are physical with their receivers in man. Their QB is talented but the receivers seem less so.

Take away the deep ball and get after him. It's basic and cliche. But that's how you slow down a good passing QB. Flush him out, put him on his back and try to create turnovers. We're not going to win a shootout with them. The D has been stepping up, and we need 60 minutes from them today.

Reactions: savannahfan
Stopping the running game will be key...

Making them one dimensional would be to our advantage...regardless of Lock’s throwing ability...

My answer to OP's title query: "Smear his axx every play."

I'd love about 10 INT's with 8 of them becoming a pick 6.

That should slow down the passing game of DD and the Misery O.

Get er done Vols!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

You have to bring pressure and not from the same place every time. He's too good to get repetitive with. Disguise your blitzes. You can't play zone with this guy he'll pick you apart

Reactions: savannahfan

VN Store

Back