Fail!

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
The worse game of the year defensively, well rivals the Alabama game. If Vandy losses to us in Nashville, they should fire their coach.

It would be hard to argue with that logic if Vandy gets beat twice next Saturday.

The worse game of the year defensively, well rivals the Alabama game. If Vandy losses to us in Nashville, they should fire their coach.
Actually, the Mizzou game is reminiscent of the Florida game. The Vols gifted their opponent 21 points on turnovers and failed to score on at least two opportunities.

Actually, the Mizzou game is reminiscent of the Florida game. The Vols gifted their opponent 21 points on turnovers and failed to score on at least two opportunities.

Yeah, the Vols did help speed up the beat down yesterday but the physical mismatch in this game was more reminiscent of the Alabama game. The Vols could not block the Missouri front 7 and the Vols front 7 were destroyed by Missouri's offensive line. The Tigers could have scored 70 on the Vols yesterday if they had wanted to......of course, the Tide could have scored 100 against UT.

The loss was not as disheartening to me as the physical beat down Missouri put on Tennessee. The Tigers made the Vols look like a bad mid major team. They were physically stronger faster and better at almost every position. Callaway and Jennings were the only Vols capable of competing with them.

Yeah, the Vols did help speed up the beat down yesterday but the physical mismatch in this game was more reminiscent of the Alabama game. The Vols could not block the Missouri front 7 and the Vols front 7 were destroyed by Missouri's offensive line. The Tigers could have scored 70 on the Vols yesterday if they had wanted to......of course, the Tide could have scored 100 against UT.

The loss was not as disheartening to me as the physical beat down Missouri put on Tennessee. The Tigers made the Vols look like a bad mid major team. They were physically stronger faster and better at almost every position. Callaway and Jennings were the only Vols capable of competing with them.
I was not going to watch any of last quarter and half, but we don't get that many to watch, so I did. I really hate looking at time left and it say 6:00 3Q, and I'm trying to figure out how UT's going to get to the end of the game without allowing 70 points. Guess it's good these teams throttle down some in 4th. We either win or get run out of the house...SC is the outlier.

They also took 14 off the board with the two dropped touchdown passes.

Last week was what happens to a young team that is fatigued from a long season, coming off an emotional game, and out matched in one area ( the passing game). We will recover, and last week taught our players a lot. its a blessing in disguise, and a hard pill to swallow.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Last week was what happens to a young team that is fatigued from a long season, coming off an emotional game, and out matched in one area ( the passing game). We will recover, and last week taught our players a lot. its a blessing in disguise, and a hard pill to swallow.

Been learning a lot of lessons then

Reactions: GBOVFL88
Been learning a lot of lessons then
That's what a year like this is for. Win and lose games that you shouldn't. Surprise everyone with the strides made throughout the year, and build for a marked improvement in 2019. I see an 8 win season next year, losing to the big dogs, but being more competitive. We may still drop a game that we shouldn't, but we will go from a team with almost no expectations to a team that is expected to win 8.

Not saying Tennessee beats Vandy. If Guarantano does not get knocked out by a cheap shot, Tennessee could have won the game. Definitely would not have been a beat down.

VN Store

Back