Vandy is all that matters (and signing day)

Eddie Vol Halen

Senior Life Champion
The season will be very successful with a victory over Vanderbilt. The tale of the tape this year was learning how to beat KY and Vandy again. That was the most important job of this coaching staff when they arrived. It's a measure of how far we have fallen that Missouri has trucked us more often than not since their arrival in the SEC (and I hate it) but it doesn't matter considering the real goals of the season. We've been wildly inconsistent which was to be expected. CJP took a team with anti-development, a team where the love of the game had been coached out of them, and has a chance to bring them back to .500 football and a bowl game. He's had some big wins this year that he shouldn't have had. The orange shoots of recovery have been visible. The CJP freshman class is performing. CJP has to beat Vandy and he has to show that he and his staff can recruit like heck especially at positions of need. Next Saturday and signing day are all that matters now.

Vandy will beat us by 17 minimum. The reality is, our defense cannot stop a hurry up offense with a qb that plays confident. Vandy will run hurry up and gash us all game long just like Mizzou and SC did.

Reactions: govols105
Vandy will beat us by 17 minimum. The reality is, our defense cannot stop a hurry up offense with a qb that plays confident. Vandy will run hurry up and gash us all game long just like Mizzou and SC did.
I just don't see it, UTK. Hope you're wrong, but yesterday was embarrassing. Missouri out-physicalled the Vols in everything. Just don't see that in vandie.

Vols can't stop any team that has balance. Vandy is balanced and confident they can beat us. Not only are we a physically weak team , we're mentally weak as well. I'm about ready to see the mean side of Pruitt, he's been too damn nice.

Last edited:
Vandy played Missouri tough I believe a 5 point loss and they had the ball going in to win as time expired. We are terrible don't expect to win but we shall see.

The only reason the Vols were able to beat Kentucky, is because they lost to Georgia the week before and it cost them a trip to Atlanta. Last week, Kentucky felt like they had nothing to play for. Similar to the Auburn game! So I guess you can give Pruitt credit for being able to take advantage of teams when they are down.

Going against a motivated Vandy with a bowl trip on the line, will not end well for the Vols. As far as national signing day goes, it will probably be similar to last year with Pruitt signing a lot of three star players with four star hearts and ten-cent brains!

Reactions: KBVol and govols105
The only reason the Vols were able to beat Kentucky, is because they lost to Georgia the week before and it cost them a trip to Atlanta. Last week, Kentucky felt like they had nothing to play for. Similar to the Auburn game! So I guess you can give Pruitt credit for being able to take advantage of teams when they are down.

Going against a motivated Vandy with a bowl trip on the line, will not end well for the Vols. As far as national signing day goes, it will probably be similar to last year with Pruitt signing a lot of three star players with four star hearts and ten-cent brains!
Signing those middle of the road SEC classes won't get it done. Looks to be about where it's headed. Tough being a Vols fan these days.

heck, we've got some banged up guys after yesterday's game...don't even know right now who can even go against Vandy...no doubt it'll be a tough game to win...Vandy beat Ole Miss, so they'll probably be hyped up and ready to go and the game is in Nashville...if we can pull it off it would be a monumental win...seriously...

GO VOLS...BEAT VANDY!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
It could get ugly if Vandy's defense scores. I don't see a UT win against Vandy but again I thought Kentucky would roll UT as well. Each week is a new season with these guys or like a"box of chocolates" with this UT team.

Vandy will be favored and they should be. If we can’t get consistent pressure on Shurmur he will beat us and we didn’t hardly get any pressure on Lock. Shurmur isn’t Lock but he’s good enough. Vandy’s also got a pretty good RB in Vaughn.

Have very few on this board ever built anything? You just don’t say “I’m going to build a buisiness, car, house, a football team, (mostly from parts that others wouldn’t use), and have success”, this thing needs a rebuild and it will take a little time. Who knows if UT beats Vandy.
Some one claimed that if UT didn’t beat UF they would go 0-8 in the SEC.
I’ll watch the game next week just like I’ve watched the other games this year, happy to see my favorite team play, happier to see them win against the odds. After all, this year has already gone pretty much as expected.

Last edited:
People keep saying we, the fans on VolNation are bipolar, and we may be.

But I submit that the entire Tennessee football program is bipolar. From to to bottom. The administration, the donors, and most especially, the team.

It must be a symbiotic thing.

Vandy has the better Qb, better RB, better TE, better Ol. Vols have better WRs. Both defenses are about even but Vandy tackles in secondary a lot better than Vols do. I'll call it Vandy 34 Vols 17. Makes me sick but other than KY and Auburn, Vols haven't played a game this yr where they'd beat vandy. Vandy offense is much better balanced than both Ky (can't throw) & Auburn (can't run).

What you said.

The season will be very successful with a victory over Vanderbilt. The tale of the tape this year was learning how to beat KY and Vandy again. That was the most important job of this coaching staff when they arrived. It's a measure of how far we have fallen that Missouri has trucked us more often than not since their arrival in the SEC (and I hate it) but it doesn't matter considering the real goals of the season. We've been wildly inconsistent which was to be expected. CJP took a team with anti-development, a team where the love of the game had been coached out of them, and has a chance to bring them back to .500 football and a bowl game. He's had some big wins this year that he shouldn't have had. The orange shoots of recovery have been visible. The CJP freshman class is performing. CJP has to beat Vandy and he has to show that he and his staff can recruit like heck especially at positions of need. Next Saturday and signing day are all that matters now.

I'm kind of doubting your goals were CJP's goals for this season. CJP's goals were to get this team to practice correctly (which tells you how bad practices must have been the last 5 years, get this team mentally and physically tougher, get this team stronger (staff had the team in the equivalent of offseason S&C during the season, which tells you how small and weak physically the players were), and recruiting. CJP wants to win, but winning wasn't the real goal this season. It was learning to do the things correctly that it takes to win.

Every team in the SEC other than maybe Arkansas is mentally and physically tougher than UT right now, including Vandy.

The relevant question right now is how in the world did we manage to beat Auburn and Kentucky?

The good news is the 2019 signing class will be very good so we will continue to see a rapid talent transfusion.

Going against a motivated Vandy with a bowl trip on the line, will not end well for the Vols. As far as national signing day goes, it will probably be similar to last year with Pruitt signing a lot of three star players with four star hearts and ten-cent brains !

I am betting you will be wrong.

VN Store

Back