Callaway Hurt?

Penalty was for pass interference. Should have been a separate call for unsportsmanlike conduct
The penalty was called for targeting on the punt return. Mizzou player was ejected. Not sure if there was a missed call on a pass play.

The play we were talking about was when Calloway got hurt.

I was listening on the radio when the MO player was ejected. Kesling indicated that MC got his bell rung pretty good on that play. Not sure if the one you are referring to was before or after that because I didn't watch the second half.

I was listening on the radio when the MO player was ejected. Kesling indicated that MC got his bell rung pretty good on that play. Not sure if the one you are referring to was before or after that because I didn't watch the second half.
No. It happened twice to MC. One on punt return and one on pass play. Pass play was called PI, but they totally missed the Personal Foul call.

Was a bad call, is a good call. Who the hel- knows?? This rule must be better defined before next year. You see players"pull up"and try to adjust to what a ball carrier or QB are doing way too late to make a change and thereby miss a play altogether. The ball carrier lowering his body just before contact, who's fault is it then??
It would help to do away with the ejection and call personal foul, 15 yrds. only. The "two and out" personal foul rule would take care of ejection if player keeps making bad hits..

Was a bad call, is a good call. Who the hel- knows?? This rule must be better defined before next year. You see players"pull up"and try to adjust to what a ball carrier or QB are doing way too late to make a change and thereby miss a play altogether. The ball carrier lowering his body just before contact, who's fault is it then??
It would help to do away with the ejection and call personal foul, 15 yrds. only. The "two and out" personal foul rule would take care of ejection if player keeps making bad hits..

The real issue is defensive players ducking their heads when they initiate a hit. If they would keep their dang heads up like they’re supposed to, it wouldn’t matter if the opposing player changes direction or level. The collision would be to the face mask, which they aren’t calling targeting.

Reactions: JacketVol
For those that are still confused...

1 penalty was called for PI and we got those 15 yards.

During that same play a 2nd Mizzou player came in late and intentionally knocked the crap out of Calloway and that's when he was hurt.

That was obviously a intentional targeting penalty by that low class thug of Mizzou trying to take Calloway out of the game like they did JG.

That penalty was NOT called and those zebras should be fired instantly and never be allowed on a football field again.

I hope that Calloway will be fine and ready to play the Commode doors.

VFL...GBO!!!

The NCAA should be ashamed putting these jack wagons in charge of calling a fair ball game.

I don’t mind getting outplayed but at least call obvious targeting situations that could severely hurt one of our own players.

The penalty was called for targeting on the punt return. Mizzou player was ejected. Not sure if there was a missed call on a pass play.

Calloway had two catches and two ugly targeting hits on each (one was called). Hopefully he is ready to go next Saturday. JG too.

The way he fights like heck for those 50/50 balls, he is going to get shook up from time to time.

VN Store

Back