Soccer Vols chase history this afternoon at Regal Soccer Stadium!

StrangeVol

Looking for our first solid opportunity in several years to advance to the NCAA Elite Eight, our ladies will confront our old friends from Texas, the A&M Aggies.

The Aggies have a score to settle. Our Lady Vols fear no team. This will be an epic match!

The weather looks fantastic, temps around 60, clear skies, dry pitch...what else could you ask for? Oh yeah....there's big-time soccer, too!

5:00 pm start, television coverage via SECNetwork+.

Be there, if you can!

GO LADY VOLS!!! :)

thanks SV...yep, a big day for Lady Vols soccer...hope the team is up for a fight...it could get frictious…:D

PS...also, Lady Vols volleyball and basketball today...women's teams carrying the flag high for the VolNation…;)

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things are going great for our Lady Vol teams this afternoon. Maybe that good fortune will continue with our soccer girls in just a few minutes.

I really want to see them reach the elite eight and perhaps beyond!!!

Note: Standford and Wisconsin get their match underway @ 4:35. Wisconsin is capable of causing Stanford problems...I might try to keep an eye on that match too.

The best part of that half was that we put A&M in a bit of a hole. Then we started playing conservative low-risk soccer, which we tend to do. I'd like to see us come out more aggressive and play a bit more of a possession game and not so much long ball. A&M has their defense keying on those long ball attempts and turn most of them back into our half pretty easily.

On the other hand, when Coach Pensky wants my advice I imagine he'll call...and my phone hasn't rung at all. ;)

Also, I just checked and Stanford is leading Wisconsin 1 - 0 about 60 minutes in.

Last edited:
The best part of that half was that we put A&M in a bit of a hole. Then we started playing conservative low-risk soccer, which we tend to do. I'd like to see us come out more aggressive and play a bit more of a possession game and not so much long ball. A&M has their defense keying on those long ball attempts and turn most of them back into our half pretty easily.

On the other hand, when Coach Pensky wants my advice I imagine he'll call...and my phone hasn't rung at all. ;)

Also, I just checked and Stanford is leading Wisconsin 1 - 0 about 60 minutes in.
You really have a great understanding of soccer, do you play or Coach?

Reactions: RollerVol
You really have a great understanding of soccer, do you play or Coach?

Wow, thanks for the compliment. I'm flattered. I am just a student of the game. Never played or coached it but I have been really taken with the "beautiful game." At its heart soccer is a very simple game and there are limited styles of offense and defense. I read a bit and watched a lot to learn what I know and I think I'm just scratching the surface.

Reactions: RollerVol and MAD
can't even go the bathroom...geez, I haven't seen one score yet...but, that's all right...:D

GO LADY VOLS!

so Stanford won, I guess...they're pretty good...saw them play on TV this season...

GO LADY VOLS!

I'm not going to say that we have this match in hand at this point, but we are close...very close.

I love the adjustments we made at the half. We stopped conceding the midfield on defense, aggressively contesting every pass and not giving ground until forced. On offense employing more possession tactics and dribbling to and through midfield before sending a pass forward. It totally forced their defenders deep and put them somewhat on their heels. Well done Coach Pensky!

GO LADY VOLS!!! Bring home the trifecta!!!

Reactions: MAD
Yep, they won as expected but it seems like Wisconsin made it hard on them. In any event, we look to be on the way to the Elite Eight for the first time in history!!!!

thanx SV...that's so cool...that's got a good sound to it...Stanford is pretty good...should be interesting and who knows what can happen...

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looking at the video...don't think the yellow was necessary...Marcano has a right to make a play on the ball also...

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back