Pruitt and Vandy

Yeah that's the ticket hire and fire your way to success. Well that's exactly what we have been doing since 2008. So how has that worked out for us so far?
yea , when all the fans where mad at Fulmer because he could win 8-9 games a year and be in a SEC championship every 4 years so they fired a Hall of Fame coach

Might as well brace ourselves, Vanderbilt will beat us by at least 2 touchdowns this coming Saturday. Let's face it, we can't block and we can't tackle, which makes it difficult to win ANY football game. Auburn and KY were lucky wins. Our DB's , are slow and weak, and Shurmer will have a Heisman type day against them next week. Vandy's D line will knock Chryst out of the game and we'll end up playing either a true freshman QB or one that hasn't even taken a snap all year. Brace yourself, put your cup on, it's going to be ugly.

Yeah that's the ticket hire and fire your way to success. Well that's exactly what we have been doing since 2008. So how has that worked out for us so far?
He's here for a while for good or bad. By late in year 3 if we still hear the same things he's saying now and it's stuck in nuetral, then i am fine with cutting bait. He doesn't have the track history to give a 5, 6 year plan. Recruiting will make or break him. He wants to run Bama's system, well he better get the players here then. You can't disguise what he's doing all that much. It's physical, in your face football and you have to recruit badazzes for that style. Bama players. We may have 5 guys that would be on their practice squad. He's got a lot to do in a short window IMO. He's just not going to get the goodwill Botch enjoyed. People are sick of the coaching carousel we've been in. They have fatigue from it. It may just have to cycle around for him like it did for Kentucky. Hope it does before the fans are done with him. Most are short on patience these days and i really don't blame them. Vol football has one foot in the hasbeen coffin. Depending on what he does the next few years may stick the other foot in there.

We play well against bad QB’s. Vandy has a senior who we have made look like a heisman. Not a good mix

Last edited:
Reactions: 08Vol
If we lose to vandy I will be very disappointed but we are still way too early with cjp as coach to be firing. OC and DC and so on is a different story. I'M not sure how to even judge them yet, we have problems on both sides and not sure they have enough talent to do what they want to do

Saw an article that says we've not lost to Vandy 3x in a row since 1926. This generation of Vols seems bound and determined to decimate all our "hasn't been done since..." records, so I don't know that I expect a whole lot this Saturday.

Might as well brace ourselves, Vanderbilt will beat us by at least 2 touchdowns this coming Saturday. Let's face it, we can't block and we can't tackle, which makes it difficult to win ANY football game. Auburn and KY were lucky wins. Our DB's , are slow and weak, and Shurmer will have a Heisman type day against them next week. Vandy's D line will knock Chryst out of the game and we'll end up playing either a true freshman QB or one that hasn't even taken a snap all year. Brace yourself, put your cup on, it's going to be ugly.
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on here

Not too well

Of course that's to be expected and accepted when shopping the bargain bins.

Friend is not the issue. You can't take a knife to a gun fight!

AluDuq.gif

Saw an article that says we've not lost to Vandy 3x in a row since 1926. This generation of Vols seems bound and determined to decimate all our "hasn't been done since..." records, so I don't know that I expect a whole lot this Saturday.
Yeah the last few classes of vol players have decimated every good record we have ever had. Congrats to those guys.

Reactions: 08Vol
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on here
Not lucky, but neither are good teams despite their ridiculous rankings at the time. Kentucky squeaked by Middle Tennessee for goodness sakes. I am 53 years old, I never thought I would see the day when Vol fans would tout a win over Kentucky as "huge".

You mean like that time UT lost to Memphis and Fulmer was fired on the spot?
Or that time Majors lost to Rutgers and was fired on the spot?

Friend is not the issue. You can't take a knife to a gun fight!

AluDuq.gif
While I agree we’re short on personnel/talent at the OL position, we make way too many fundamental errors this late in the season. It certainly appears that the OL is very poorly coached since our guys still don’t seem to know who to block, or how to block them. At what point do we just look at Friend and say he’s done a really poor job of trying to cobble together a group of OLs and have them play well or at least improve somewhat/at all after a full season?

They remain as bad a group after 11 games as they were on that first offensive play vs WVa when JG got his head ripped off. They’re easily the weakest link on a team full of weak links and someone has to be held account for it. Will Friend would certainly seem to be the guy.

Well one thing all the firings have in common is losses to Vandy who is typically the joke of the SEC

I like your optimism

I don't think there should be any discussion of firing anyone this year, including Helton. I know, I know people want him gone. I appreciate the attitude that you're either going to learn to run the ball or you're going to get your teeth knocked out, or graduate....which ever comes first. If we can get the recruits in place Pruitt wants, Helton will succeed. I for one, am ready for the season to be done... looking forward to signing day at this point.

Then I guess we'll blame the embarrassing loss to an average at best team by 33 points on our home field to coaching because Mizzou isn't better thank KY or AU
It was mostly about bad matchups, but our coaches didn't make any adjustments to help compensate for those mismatches.

Reactions: 1985Vols
Were terrible against teams with QB's that are good passers and have experience. They know where to go with the football and don't mind picking you apart six or seven yards at a time. Then if you are not stopping the run your dead they are gonna pile up the points. So if you can't pressure the QB or stop the running game you just cover and he keeps throwing those 8 and 9 yard passes. Then he hits you long when they've run 9 or 10 plays. So stop the Vandy running game is a must get them in 3rd and 6 or more and make a tackle when you have the opportunity. Missouri made several first downs when we had the play covered and missed the tackle. I can think of at least three of their possessions where we whiffed on a must tackle and they picked up big yardage.

VN Store

Back