Only 17 scholarship players remain the last time we beat Vandy

That means we're only one more year from totally cycling out the Butch Jones era players. That is to be celebrated. Vigorously celebrated.
Yep, gotta changed the culture and losing mindset Butch's players have. Things will be totally different once CJP has all of his own players

At least I can understand what we're doing now. We just have to recruit at an all time level to accomplish the goal. I can see where the defense would work if we had the size & speed to execute it properly. An actual offensive line would have Tyson Chandler running wild. And JG would be still standing upright and thus out of the damn ICU!

Every year, we need to be a big, fast, physically dominant football team capable of beating Florida, Georgia & Alabama in a 7 week stretch. And that must occur to simply win our division. Then there's the SEC Title game. Then a two game playoff.

So that's at least 6 (and possibly 8, depending on our OOC schedule & our rotating West opponent), national title level games we must win to actually win a championship.

Good luck Mr Pruitt.

Reactions: Wolfeman_Vol
That means we're only one more year from totally cycling out the Butch Jones era players. That is to be celebrated. Vigorously celebrated.

I honestly think Butch could’ve saved his job had he moved Hurd to WR and featured Kamara as the lone RB. With Dobbs at QB, I’m not sure even Butch could’ve screwed that up

I honestly think Butch could’ve saved his job had he moved Hurd to WR and featured Kamara as the lone RB. With Dobbs at QB, I’m not sure even Butch could’ve screwed that up

Yes, but what about AFTER those guys left? What did he have to follow up with??? (I think we see the "follow up" every Saturday)

At least I can understand what we're doing now. We just have to recruit at an all time level to accomplish the goal. I can see where the defense would work if we had the size & speed to execute it properly. An actual offensive line would have Tyson Chandler running wild. And JG would be still standing upright and thus out of the damn ICU!

Every year, we need to be a big, fast, physically dominant football team capable of beating Florida, Georgia & Alabama in a 7 week stretch. And that must occur to simply win our division. Then there's the SEC Title game. Then a two game playoff.

So that's at least 6 (and possibly 8, depending on our OOC schedule & our rotating West opponent), national title level games we must win to actually win a championship.

Good luck Mr Pruitt.

THIS. Pruitt is not subtle. He is clear on what he wants to do and he has a pretty clear record of doing it as a coordinator. Just hoping he can recruit the players he needs - but then he has a record of doing that too, so I am hopeful.

Good luck Mr Pruitt.
It is a tough assignment for any head coach. The good news is that Pruitt needs a team "capable" of beating our three top rivals. As 2007 proved you may not have to win all three to get to the SEC championship game. As to recruiting, Pruitt would need consistent top 5 classes to win the SEC imo.

Yep...wash, rinse, repeat.

Yep. Every year someone says something, then someone says "isn't that what someone said last year, and the year before?" Then someone else says "yes every year". Then someone else says " wash. Rinse. Repeat". Then someone makes fun of them.....it never stops.

So, congrats to you and I both for being a part of the "we say the same chit every year".

Yep. Every year someone says something, then someone says "isn't that what someone said last year, and the year before?" Then someone else says "yes every year". Then someone else says " wash. Rinse. Repeat". Then someone makes fun of them.....it never stops.

So, congrats to you and I both for being a part of the "we say the same chit every year".

Didn't you say this last year?

Gotta keep the ball rolling!

Reactions: Behr

Wrong. Butch didn't have a strength and conditioning coach in 2016. He should have been fired the day he decided to fire Dave Lawson.

Reactions: wmcovol

2 Peter 3:4

saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.”

VN Store

Back