Feed the ball to Jennings

Brak

A witty saying proves nothing
The man is a beast no matter who we play, but this is a game I really think we need to get him the ball as much as possible. I don’t know how many of you saw Jennings rant video last year (that got him kicked off the team) but in it he expressed a particular disdain for Vandy. I say we get him the ball any way we can, long bombs, slants, screens, end-arounds, heck line him up in the backfield because there is no way he is going down without dragging 2-3 Vandy players with him.

Just my 2 cents.

OP, I gotta agree with you on this one. We need to make sure he's targeted at least 10 times per game. In the same way, we should be giving the lions share of touches to #15, 1, 84, 4 & 8. Plus, #2 needs to keep it on 2 or 3 zone read plays this week and we'll get 10-25 yards on average.

Most of it will have to be of the quick variety with a sprinkling of max protect deep balls to 84 or 1. Our OL, RBs, and TEs can't consistently be depended upon to block. We'll end up in the EZ more than a few times IMO.

Once Helton finds out I've posted this, I'm sure he'll be along to pour over this info. ;)

Sounds good in theory but if the O-Line can't block for more than 2 seconds, kinda hard to make it work during game time....

Reactions: jerrync
I've always wondered why UT seems to shy away from screen passes. I mean, it's been that way for decades, it seems. I'm talking about legit screens, not all the bubble screen sideways junk. If every down is like a jailbreak, why not make the defense pay? We try it once in a blue moon, but almost never seem to execute it like the teams that use it against us.

I've always wondered why UT seems to shy away from screen passes. I mean, it's been that way for decades, it seems. I'm talking about legit screens, not all the bubble screen sideways junk. If every down is like a jailbreak, why not make the defense pay? We try it once in a blue moon, but almost never seem to execute it like the teams that use it against us.

Screens are an effective counter to teams that bring 5 or 6 to get pressure on the QB. With the state of our OL play, most teams have got sufficient pressure bringing only 3 or 4.....

Leather's not good for the diet, plus I'm not sure what type of nasty chemicals Nike smothers their leather in before shaping it up.

Reactions: VolGirl1126
We have to be more physical than our opposition.

Who better than Jennings to set the tone?

JJ HATES Vandy.

Reactions: feathersax
This game still comes down to the line of scrimmage,can our guys whip their guys at least some of the time.It's still about blocking and tackling.We have done very well at times,Ky, and Aub. You have to bring it every game,will we or not!!!?

Just win! My concern is our Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde defense. Which one will we see vs Vandy? Last couple Vandy games I have been to were down right Offensive, as in P.U., stink, UT Defense looked horrible. After the poor tackling last week and Mizzou throw and catch having a field day, my biggest concern is Vandy doing same. Maybe put JJ in on some defensive secondary work.

Yep I'd put jennings in wildcat give him some rpos and roll with it.
Or we could just line up and some play some damn football. Jennings is going to keep that ball that most of the time. It would just be a negative play a good percentage of the time. Now hit him going over the middle, that's a different story. At this point I'm happy just throwing jump balls to Calloway.

Yep I'd put jennings in wildcat give him some rpos and roll with it.
If JG can’t go then I hope they let the Dog get a few reps at QB for some wildcat/RPO.

Kid hates Vandy, let’s make sure that after Saturday Vandy hates him too. Time to ride JJ into bowl eligibility.

On a semi-but-not-really-related note... Jennings is currently the #22 ranked WR for the 2019 draft according to WalterFootball. Can't link for some damn reason. Just trust me. Thanks.

If JG can’t go then I hope they let the Dog get a few reps at QB for some wildcat/RPO.

Kid hates Vandy, let’s make sure that after Saturday Vandy hates him too. Time to ride JJ into bowl eligibility.
I agree! Why not put him on one side of the field, with one on one coverage and throw it to him! Quick slants, fly patterns or just plain curls. He's gonna win most of the battles.

Reactions: IndianapolisVol
The man is a beast no matter who we play, but this is a game I really think we need to get him the ball as much as possible. I don’t know how many of you saw Jennings rant video last year (that got him kicked off the team) but in it he expressed a particular disdain for Vandy. I say we get him the ball any way we can, long bombs, slants, screens, end-arounds, heck line him up in the backfield because there is no way he is going down without dragging 2-3 Vandy players with him.

Just my 2 cents.
I think this is a good idea

You missed the Jones era then

VN Store

Back