How do you react while watching a Tennessee game

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
Look, I’ve been around a long time watching Tennessee football. I’ve never bash anyone on the team, or coaches. Do I get upset? Yes, I get upset when a receiver drops a ball, or the qb gets sacked, or we loose yardage on a running play but I never give up. Until that clock hits zero in the fourth quarter, I’m all in. Do I get upset for a penalty? Absolutely I do, and I’ll let that player have it while watching. Like a false start, I’ll say something or scream, WATCH THE BALL WHEN IT IS SNAPPED, or see holding, or anything that I think these players know about not doing. I think the most uncomfortable thing for me is holding and false starts, that drives me up the wall. They know better than that. Well anyways, what drives you crazy?

I can’t stand it when we are predictable on offense. I’m a fan that tries to pay attention, if I know what’s coming, then you can believe any DC that has studied our film knows what’s coming.

Only rushing 3 on 3rd and long.

At my core I love Tennessee and want them to win, always will. The last 2 seasons or so I've bottomed out and become numb. But my hope is in CJP, despite being told I need to leave the site because they label me a nega. I think he knows how to win if the players will buy in. I'm not too wild about a position coach or two of his but that's another issue.

These last few years I've been more like Randy Quaid in Major League,but it's easing up some. A long time ago I was absolutely crazy into every second of it but have mellowed over the years.

I admit I act like an idiot. They are the ONLY team, period, that can pull that out of me. The wife just rolls her eyes and shakes her head at me. As for games like last week, I have to walk away and do something else.

Look, I’ve been around a long time watching Tennessee football. I’ve never bash anyone on the team, or coaches. Do I get upset? Yes, I get upset when a receiver drops a ball, or the qb gets sacked, or we loose yardage on a running play but I never give up. Until that clock hits zero in the fourth quarter, I’m all in. Do I get upset for a penalty? Absolutely I do, and I’ll let that player have it while watching. Like a false start, I’ll say something or scream, WATCH THE BALL WHEN IT IS SNAPPED, or see holding, or anything that I think these players know about not doing. I think the most uncomfortable thing for me is holding and false starts, that drives me up the wall. They know better than that. Well anyways, what drives you crazy?
I have a top three things that drive me crazy watching them.

1.) When the offense lines up and I can already tell what they are about to do. This was something that happened 90-95% of the time when Butch Jones was coach. It's a little less predictable at the moment, but for someone who doesn't watch game film, I ought not be able to unravel our own offense so easily. It makes me wish we could once again see the beautiful art that is the play action pass.

2.) Cornerbacks giving 10 yards of cushion when the opposing offense is ahead of the chains. I hate the premise of "let them catch it and try to tackle them before they can reach the ball for a first down. It leads to one of two things: 1.) drives where we get nickel and dimed all the way down the field, wearing our defense out, or 2.) a missed tackle and a long touchdown.

3.) Lack of mental toughness. It seems like in the games we lose that you can see what amounts to the polar opposite of a "light bulb" moment... one where you can just tell mentally they have shut themselves down. There's no grit, no determination, no attitude of "we're going to catch our break and we're going to come back." I think the reason we keep having these games where we give up 40+ points is that whole "I give up" factor. On the same mental note... Florida mentally has us in a death grip. Florida can't hand us a game. They can't gift wrap it. They could set 11 statues out on the field and still beat us 2-0 on a snap over the QBs head for a safety. I have seen Florida do everything in their power to lose to us, and we hand it back to them. That's mental... that's all there is to it.

. Florida mentally has us in a death grip. Florida can't hand us a game. They can't gift wrap it. They could set 11 statues out on the field and still beat us 2-0 on a snap over the QBs head for a safety. I have seen Florida do everything in their power to lose to us, and we hand it back to them. That's mental... that's all there is to it.

I agree with this crap 100%.

Lack of effort (playing tag football) when down big, I understand it is easy to do, but they are representing a lot more than just themselves. Its a lot better under JP than BJ but it did raise its ugly head Sat against MO.

Do you remember those dog figures, that people would put in the rear windows of their cars? Their heads would bobble around all over the place. This would be me, only sometimes, while muttering a phrase or two.

Lack of effort (playing tag football) when down big, I understand it is easy to do, but they are representing a lot more than just themselves. Its a lot better under JP than BJ but it did raise its ugly head Sat against MO. How do I react? I come to VN and cry with everyone else and show up again next Sat and hope it to be better

RigidGrimyCopepod-small.gif

7Eqs.gif

1*WDqmiY4932f4G6lhn6Xm-w.gif

I understand we don't have the horses but that has nothing to do with...

False starts
Illegal formation
Just how many illegal formation calls have been called against us and why is this even happening at this level?

VN Store

Back