Vols Making Huge Gains with Help of Strength & Conditioning Staff

No question that injuries are way down. The off season is where the strength and size gains come. You can’t be on a full fledged lifting program in the middle of the season.
The Oline still looks way too small.
I think this team struggles mentally more than physically. Too many busts and missed assignments.

Obviously you are a fitness guru w vast knowledge on the topic w this response...

Sheesh smh
And you read an article and take it as gospel??
The results are obvious. Both lines have been whipped the majority of the season. Missouri manhandled UT on both sides.

Reactions: vettefool
And you read an article and take it as gospel??
The results are obvious. Both lines have been whipped the majority of the season. Missouri manhandled UT on both sides.

Our OL is vastly undersized. That kind of change is not going to happen in 10 months during the heart of the season. I would be willing to bet that most of our OL are 10 pounds lighter at this point in the season than when we started. It is hard to add size doing what they are doing during the season. That is part of the reason people say it will take 3-4 good years.

Wow, an off-season story in-season.

tenor.gif

Takes more than one season to make a difference both in strength and development on the right track most of our team are underclassmen hopefully were in for a huge advance in strength and development before next season. Jones did nothing but fake news did not really develop players or increase their strength or ability very far he is why were where we are.

Those huge gains in S&C led to a whopping 7 points scored by the offense against Charlotte.....This is a fluff piece that we hear every year until we get to the point where we aren't getting whipped in the trenches by bad non Power 5 teams....

Those huge gains in S&C led to a whopping 7 points scored by the offense against Charlotte.....This is a fluff piece that we hear every year until we get to the point where we aren't getting whipped in the trenches by bad non Power 5 teams....
Why only mention the one game? UK had a legit defense and we did ok handling the lines there

Why only mention the one game? UK had a legit defense and we did ok handling the lines there

I can mention the Mizzou game too (or UF or WVU)....

It's a mixed bag. Unlike the last 2 years of Butch's tenure, there are some positives this year (reduced injuries, games against UK/Auburn); however, we are still get whipped far too often in the trenches to have mid season fluff pieces written about the S&C program

Reactions: 08Vol
I can mention the Mizzou game too (or UF or WVU)....

It's a mixed bag. Unlike the last 2 years of Butch's tenure, there are some positives this year (reduced injuries, games against UK/Auburn); however, we are still get whipped far too often in the trenches to have mid season fluff pieces written about the S&C program
Mizzou game was more screwed by offensive miscues but whatever

you'd still ignore the big picture that there is improvement but it takes more than a year to gain the strength needed in the sec. Couple that with some questionable talent and it's not a real recipe for success

Good stuff. The Year before Roc we had nobody. Roc’s year was full of disarray. Basically more than a year with no strength and conditioning. This will pay off next season big time!

Reactions: dduncan4163
Getting the injury bug off our back is huge!! We have sustained less injuries in this schedule with undersized linemen, that's saying something. I think we will see a significant difference when the whole team has had an entire off season to train in a system designed for the off season. This is a good sign of things to come.

VN Store

Back