Bill Legg could fit the bill!

KINGSVOL

Yeah, I know Volnation, he wouldn't be a sexy hire but check him out. He is a run first guy with an open mind in the passing game. He has done wonders for Marshall, and put up really good offensive numbers when he was at Purdue.
What youins think?

Nope, I actually follow Marshall football. I have several friends that went there. They are afraid they are going to loose him this year (dont know to whom)!

Nope, I actually follow Marshall football. I have several friends that went there. They are afraid they are going to loose him this year (dont know to whom)!

Legg resigned a year ago, didn't really end his career there on a positive note. Is now an analyst at Mississippi State.

Bill Legg, the only offensive coordinator during the eight-season tenure of Marshall head coach Doc Holliday, has resigned, the school announced Thursday. Legg led the successful offenses featuring quarterback Rakeem Cato, but has been criticized since for a stagnant, predictable attack.

...Legg’s offense reached its zenith in the Conference USA championship season of 2014, scoring 638 points, the highest since 1996, and averaging 559.2 total yards. Cato broke the all-time passing yardage record with 14,079 yards, and Tommy Shuler leads the school in career receptions with 322. But the Herd’s output fell from 45.6 points per game in 2014 to 26.4 in 2016 and 26.7 this past season. The total yardage plummeted to 350.0 in 2016 and modestly rebounded to 379.8 this year, in which the Herd finished 8-5 but just 4-4 in C-USA play.

Marshall offensive coordinator Bill Legg resigns

Legg resigned a year ago, didn't really end his career there on a positive note. Is now an analyst at Mississippi State.

Bill Legg, the only offensive coordinator during the eight-season tenure of Marshall head coach Doc Holliday, has resigned, the school announced Thursday. Legg led the successful offenses featuring quarterback Rakeem Cato, but has been criticized since for a stagnant, predictable attack.

...Legg’s offense reached its zenith in the Conference USA championship season of 2014, scoring 638 points, the highest since 1996, and averaging 559.2 total yards. Cato broke the all-time passing yardage record with 14,079 yards, and Tommy Shuler leads the school in career receptions with 322. But the Herd’s output fell from 45.6 points per game in 2014 to 26.4 in 2016 and 26.7 this past season. The total yardage plummeted to 350.0 in 2016 and modestly rebounded to 379.8 this year, in which the Herd finished 8-5 but just 4-4 in C-USA play.
Until I read this, I thought he may have a Legg up on his competition.

lol

Yeah, I know Volnation, he wouldn't be a sexy hire but check him out. He is a run first guy with an open mind in the passing game. He has done wonders for Marshall, and put up really good offensive numbers when he was at Purdue.
What youins think?

He’s a major award.

I think it doesn't matter what we think. LOL If Pruitt is coming here to Volnation for advice on who to look at for an OC we're in deep, deep trouble.

What youins think?

Are you just finding out from VN that he has been gone from there for a year. That is when I found out. As a matter of fact , I have never heard of him until right now.

VN Store

Back