What could K. Briles do with our receiving corps

TrueVolsGBOInsider

Wide receiver is going to be a strength of our team next year. K Briles likes to air it out, CJP likes to pound the rock. Is CJP willing to sacrifice some of the running game next year so the passing game can become a focal point? If so, is Briles the guy? If Pruitt wants to air it out more I think Briles is our guy, just wanted to see what everybody else was thinking..

So, I heard Briles' interview might not have gone well with Pruitt. I don't have insider sources, I heard that on the radio so TIFWIW, which to a lot of you isn't much.

Unless Briles changes his mind about bringing his own OL coaches, I doubt seriously if he's still on our list,.

He shouldn’t change his mind. The fact we could potentially have the next bright star OC and won’t hire him because of a friend (no pun intended) of the head coach is so Tennessee it hurts.

Rumor has it that Pruitt isnt a fan of scoring points. Hed rather stop the other team from scoring alot and tell his o to run it up the middle until it works

so, we are gonna just stay in a sixties Big Ten loop...uh, oh...hope Coach Pruitt wakes up...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Reactions: Devo182
He shouldn’t change his mind. The fact we could potentially have the next bright star OC and won’t hire him because of a friend (no pun intended) of the head coach is so Tennessee it hurts.
It’s so Tennessee and every other college that it doesn’t. No one can give an example of a coordinator making a demand of replacing a position coach as a condition of acceptance. But it’s a “Tennessee thing”.

Reactions: JVol76
We needed upgrades on that staff...Thig and Martinez especially. And that was after 3 seasons...not one! And why is Bob saying “hello”? He accepted the job
You obviously weren't around (Just kidding) when it came out Shoop wanted to bring 1-2 guys with him from Penn State. That also proved true considering the turnaround he's had in one year after Tennessee.....

You obviously weren't around (Just kidding) when it came out Shoop wanted to bring 1-2 guys with him from Penn State. That also proved true considering the turnaround he's had in one year after Tennessee.....
But the positions he was bringing with him were needing an upgrade and Jones was ok with it. If Pruitt wants to retain his OL coach, there is nothing wrong with that and he shouldnt back off that decision because a prospective coordinator wont come unless he does. No other head coach would do that unless they have already had thoughts of upgrading those position coaches.

Swain actually hinted at it yesterday. Something about Briles claimed not to use a playbook and that turned Pruitt off.

I had seen a few interviews with Kiffin when Briles was OC for him. He said that they ran a lot of repetitions, lot of on field practice, no play book.

VN Store

Back