Doug Matthews just reiterated...

DarthGrim

Warning: Savant Vol
He just said on 104.5 the zone that they already know who they are hiring. Same thing he said last week. Still saying it's already taken care of and TN fans can R-E-L-A-X (I'm paraphrasing)

He also went on to say that interviews continue simply to get information. Not to hire someone.

It's like saying "eventually the sun will rise" in the middle of the night.

Of course we are going to hire a new OC. Thing is, Doug doesn't know who.

Yeah, he went on to speculate they haven't announced because of a timing thing with the job the OC might still be at (buyout or season not being over)

Reactions: MadWorld
He just said on 104.5 the zone that they already know who they are hiring. Same thing he said last week. Still saying it's already taken care of and TN fans can R-E-L-A-X (I'm paraphrasing)

He also went on to say that interviews continue simply to get information. Not to hire someone.
That makes no sense. If you already have your guy then what information is there to gather by interviewing other candidates?

Pretty sure Okie Lite OC doesnt want to have a bad effect on OSU recruiting by bolting before signing day. Whereas we aren't in on any recruits that are strongly swayed by who our oc is (or Helton leaving would have been noticeable).

Signing day and then OC announced. Felt this way for awhile.

That makes no sense. If you already have your guy then what information is there to gather by interviewing other candidates?

According to this article, Pruitt is doing like Propst's does by interviewing for future possibilities. I can see the logic and I hope that is the case. Maybe he does already have his man and is interviewing to see if in the future he might want to work with one of these guys. I'm afraid that since Propst's gave him an opportunity at Hoover that he may be returning the favor tomorrow after their state championship game today.

Pruitt's coaching search parallels Propst's interview process philosophy

Yeah,
Will Friend has been locked in for along time... : (

Pretty sure Okie Lite OC doesnt want to have a bad effect on OSU recruiting by bolting before signing day. Whereas we aren't in on any recruits that are strongly swayed by who our oc is (or Helton leaving would have been noticeable).

Signing day and then OC announced. Felt this way for awhile.
Most of recruiting is about relationships. You're just not going to sway hardly any recruits with an OC hire late in the recruiting season. Possibly if someone is on the fence it might put them over but it's almost zero impact. There is almost no advantage to a quick hire except for possibly losing out to another school hiring them.

VN Store

Back