'20 CA WR Jermaine Burton (Alabama commit)

Calabasas plays at a pretty high level against good competition. I'd love it if Bailey and Keaton could help pull this kid for the 2020 class.

Top 5 shows that the kid is moving back south regardless after highschool. Got to like our chances having so many of his old teammates.

I like this guys speed!!!!! I want this dude in Knoxville.........

Last edited:
Burton is good friends with lejond cavazos, a top corner for 2020 who will probably give the Vols a look. Didn’t see a thread for him, but this is what was said in a dawgnation article.

“The name Derrick Ansley is drawing a lot of headlines. He’s now linked as a new hire for those Volunteers at Tennessee. If he does wind up leading the defensive backs in Knoxville, I’d expect Cavazos will also give Rocky Top a good look.
“Coach Ansley knows his stuff,” Cavazos said. “He recruited me when he was at Alabama. Back then, I wanted to go to Alabama because of him.””

Reactions: T Dog
Burton is good friends with lejond cavazos, a top corner for 2020 who will probably give the Vols a look. Didn’t see a thread for him, but this is what was said in a dawgnation article.

“The name Derrick Ansley is drawing a lot of headlines. He’s now linked as a new hire for those Volunteers at Tennessee. If he does wind up leading the defensive backs in Knoxville, I’d expect Cavazos will also give Rocky Top a good look.
“Coach Ansley knows his stuff,” Cavazos said. “He recruited me when he was at Alabama. Back then, I wanted to go to Alabama because of him.””
Lejond Cavazos, IMG Academy, Cornerback

I haven't really seen a lot of Burton even though he was at Marietta. He was at Marietta his FR year and transferred to Hapeville Charter, then to IMG, then back to Marietta where he moved out to California before he even played a game last year.

originally from Georgia but played at Calabasas, Calif., in his junior season and plans to be there next year as well.

Still, the four-star receiver is planning to return to the Southeast to play his college ball. Where is the only question left with Miami, Alabama, LSU, Georgia and Tennessee making his final list.

“I’m not really surprised that I wasn’t really getting a lot of interest from the West Coast schools,” Burton said Sunday at the Tom Lemming Photo Shoot.

“I’m cool with a lot of West Coast athletes and they tell me the West Coast schools don’t show that much interest, they might not show that much interest to the Down South guys so it really didn’t bother me.”

Burton plans to visit Alabama on April 16, a few days before his April 20 decision which coincides with the birthday of former Georgia receiver Terrence Edwards, whom Burton said, “has been a huge influence on me.”

When he’s back in the South visiting Alabama, the four-star said he would like to get to LSU as well and a stop at Georgia is also possible. Early in his recruitment, the Calabasas standout was committed to Miami.

It’s most likely that stops at Alabama and LSU will happen with Georgia also a possibility before his commitment date.

“Bama has shown me enough of everything I want to see,” Burton said. “They’re a winning program. Everybody that goes there wants to be great. It’s a great football town and I expect a lot of great things from them this upcoming season.

“It would be great to see LSU throw the ball more. They have Justin Jefferson, he’s a really good receiver, and they have some good incoming dudes so I expect to see good things from them, too.”
Rivals

VN Store

Back