OL Tanner Antonutti takes medical retirement

utvolpj

Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Will continue to be with the program as a student coach
When Nashville native Tanner Antonutti committed to Tennessee two summers ago, he called it “a dream come true.”

Sadly for Antonutti, that dream was dashed in a matter of months on Tennessee’s campus this past summer, as a severe back injury — multiple bulging discs — have forced the former Ensworth lineman to retire from the game.

That’s when Pruitt stepped in and offered him a chance to help in a different way. A resolution that still sees Antonutti get his degree and keeps him around the game as a student assistant coach.

“I have not met a more honest coach through out my football career,” Antonutti said of Pruitt.

“He promised that I was going to get my degree no matter what ,and not only is he letting me get my degree. I also get the privilege to learn under his coaching staff and continue to be a part of what I love so much.

VolQuest.com - OL Tanner Antonutti takes medical retirement, plans to still impact Vols

This is class. Pruitt did not initially recruit Tanner, but is treating him like a son. That speaks volumes. I hate it for Tanner that his career has ended early. But his health and education need to be most important at this point. I'm glad Pruitt sees it the same way.

This is class. Pruitt did not initially recruit Tanner, but is treating him like a son. That speaks volumes. I hate it for Tanner that his career has ended early. But his health and education need to be most important at this point. I'm glad Pruitt sees it the same way.

This could be a good thing for him, maybe being a coach is his calling instead of being a player. Not say the kid couldn't play, but this might in the end work out better for him.

VN Store

Back