Quarterbacks talk about playing for Osovet

Osovet as our new OC would actually be a smart move by Pruitt.

The main thing I would hope that Pruitt could do, if this is his pick, is to get Ozovet to agree to stay at UT for at least 4 years before he accepts a big HC job.

4 years would give Pruitt and Osovet time to train our next OC in waiting, get our program stable and Winning and have QB's learning and waiting in the wings ready for their turn to start and keep recruiting getting better and better.

Pro sets mixed with spread/RPO sets will keep the D much more confused and help us put points on the board while we control the clock and keep our D rested.

Best of both worlds.

VFL...GBO!!!

So, if it were Osovet, why would there have been a delay in announcing? I don't see that happening. Too risky for a guy in Pruitt's shoes right now. He'll go safe with this hire probably.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Osovet as our new OC would actually be a smart move by Pruitt.

The main thing I would hope that Pruitt could do, if this is his pick, is to get Ozovet to agree to stay at UT for at least 4 years before he accepts a big HC job.

4 years would give Pruitt and Osovet time to train our next OC in waiting, get our program stable and Winning and have QB's learning and waiting in the wings ready for their turn to start and keep recruiting getting better and better.

Pro sets mixed with spread/RPO sets will keep the D much more confused and help us put points on the board while we control the clock and keep our D rested.

Best of both worlds.

VFL...GBO!!!
No such contract exists. You can’t restrict advancing a career. No HC would put their name on such.

Reactions: davethevol
butchna...Pruitt could ask in private and Osovet could agree.

No contract is needed between 2 men of Honor my friend.

I did a $25,000. contract on a handshake and never had a doubt that I'd get paid when I finished 2 weeks later.

There's not as many men of Honor as there once was but there's still some of them around.

VFL...GBO!!!

You don’t understand his system...it doesn’t require a dual threat.
It sure as heck doesnt require JG either. You don't have to be a dual threat QB..you just have to be 1.)Smarter than a box of rocks & 2.)Able to have your brain tell your legs to lift themselves up and scoot for a few yards. Roethlisburger can move better than JG.

Brought to you by the guy that said Freeze was done, accused the UT president of blocking the hire, accused the BOT of blocking the hire, accused Fulmer of blocking the hire.
This is about QBs' take on Osevet not previous articles on the OC search. Read and the post about the article. :D

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
butchna...Pruitt could ask in private and Osovet could agree.

No contract is needed between 2 men of Honor my friend.

I did a $25,000. contract on a handshake and never had a doubt that I'd get paid when I finished 2 weeks later.

There's not as many men of Honor as there once was but there's still some of them around.

VFL...GBO!!!
When did Dead Poets Society start streaming on here? 🤨

Reactions: Behr and feathersax
It sure as heck doesnt require JG either. You don't have to be a dual threat QB..you just have to be 1.)Smarter than a box of rocks & 2.)Able to have your brain tell your legs to lift themselves up and scoot for a few yards. Roethlisburger can move better than JG.

If it’s about decision making? Not arguing yea or nay on JG. Kid’s had 3 OC’s in 3 years on campus...I’m grading incomplete.

Reactions: feathersax
If it’s about decision making? Not arguing yea or nay on JG. Kid’s had 3 OC’s in 3 years on campus...I’m grading incomplete.

Don't you know that stuff doesn't matter? Multiple OCs, QB, head coach and S&C coach. Doesn't matter. JG obviously sucks and we cannot win with him. Pruitt is dumb for playing him. Obviously we had much better QVs just sitting the bench.

I can see an Osovet hire blowing up in Pruitt's face and fast. After saying the hire would not come from the current staff and then promoting from within the staff. The fanbase would lose it.

So, if it were Osovet, why would there have been a delay in announcing? I don't see that happening. Too risky for a guy in Pruitt's shoes right now. He'll go safe with this hire probably.
I think it would go back to what many have said or theorized... we struck out on many of our first interviews, Freeze was the wanted hire by Pruitt but was indeed nixed by Fulmer/sec... we reset after and interview our next choices none of which interviewed better than Osovet. For fear it could have a negative effect on ESD the announcement will come after a ESD after several articles get leaked by our AD touting Osovet as a responsible choice that will revolutionize our Offense.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back