Memphis coach

To do this in such a showy, outlandish, adolescent way... this has got to be about recruiting and keeping talented local eyes from gazing eastward.

But really... was Rick Barnes ever going to recruit any kid who would be impressed by an F-bombing adult?

I feel sorry for all the Memphis fans and alumni who live their lives with personal integrity.

To do this in such a showy, outlandish, adolescent way... this has got to be about recruiting and keeping talented local eyes from gazing eastward.

But really... was Rick Barnes ever going to recruit any kid who would be impressed by an F-bombing adult?

I feel sorry for all the Memphis fans and alumni who live their lives with personal integrity.

I wasn't critical of Penny's post-game heat-of-the-moment comments. But he's had a chance to calm down and it would have been smart for him to just ignore the question about Barnes today. He made a comment, Barnes made a comment, time to move on to the next game. His comments today are an attempt to escalate things in an unnecessary way. Seems childish to me. Too bad, because I've always had an overall positive impression of him. This is disappointing to see.

Yeah, both of them. lol. Somebody on here is right...it's just a matter of time before he ruins himself. Any decent person would at least show some respect to a HOF coach.

Reactions: feathersax
Just another thug trying to promote his sorry job as something important. Haha Tiger High has never been anything and never will be. They have always been scrubs that couldn't get into Ole Miss. Life sucks at Tiger High, get use to it Penny.

A touch of irony that the one accusing an opposing team of wanting to fight insinuates, intentionally or otherwise, that a future confrontation between himself and Barnes will occur by saying they'll "meet again, on the road recruiting or in a game", as if to say Barnes has got it coming to him at some point when they meet again face to face.

1000%. This is all about creating hype for the "disrespected" youth he's recruiting. Like him or not, this is like Trump making a statement whether it's true or not, and then doubling down on the statement to fire up his constituency. Penny doing the same thing..."us against the world" thing, and figures any attention to his club (coming off biggest attendance in years) is good attention. He may or may not be able to do much at Memphis, but it'll be a fired up game next year in Knoxville, for sure. We've got bigger fish to fry. See ya next year when we'll have our fists ready.

He is a worthless human being. He is Penny because even his family knows he isnt worth a Dime. He was overrated as a basketball player. And he is obviously in over his head as a coach.

I cannot agree that the word 'thug' really applies here. Penny may be mad because his team lost. He may be trying to motivate his players. He may be trying to stir-up the fans so they'll buy more tickets. He may believe that there's no such thing as bad publicity. He may be out of line. But I don't think the word 'thug' is applicable here.

I cannot agree that the word 'thug' really applies here. Penny may be mad because his team lost. He may be trying to motivate his players. He may be trying to stir-up the fans so they'll buy more tickets. He may believe that there's no such thing as bad publicity. He may be out of line. But I don't think the word 'thug' is applicable here.
Sir you like everyone else can have an opinion.

A touch of irony that the one accusing an opposing team of wanting to fight insinuates, intentionally or otherwise, that a future confrontation between himself and Barnes will occur by saying they'll "meet again, on the road recruiting or in a game", as if to say Barnes has got it coming to him at some point when they meet again face to face.
It's not often that you see a coach at the D-I level verbally threaten another one - sheer juvenile stupidity. I wonder if that moron has any idea how many hundreds of thousands of Vol fans have Barnes' back, and what would happen to said moron if he ever laid a finger on our coach? Not to mention what our players would do to him. Idiot. A couple days ago the term "thug" might have been a little much in describing him; now it's a very precise characterization.

VN Store

Back