ESPN's 2019 NBA 'Best Available' Draft Board

Good Grief!!! Duke has 3 of the top 4...

Glad to see Grant and Admiral on there. Good for them!

Reactions: HighWaterVol
No. 28 Grant Williams
No. 30 Admiral Schofield

Thoughts?

NBA Draft 2019 Best Remaining Players - ESPN Draftcast
I've been hearing talk lately about the game becoming "positionless". They are both very skilled, with Williams being one of the most complete players in the game. Are they two of the top 30 draft eligible players in the game ?! More than likely. Top 60 ?! Definitely.

As of right now, I think G League is Grant's ceiling. Of course that's subject to change. I would not be surprised if Admiral gets drafted. I fully expect Grant to be a Vol next season.

As of right now, I think G League is Grant's ceiling. Of course that's subject to change. I would not be surprised if Admiral gets drafted. I fully expect Grant to be a Vol next season.

I hope so. He could improve his handles and perimeter scoring. Would be hard to resist at that point.

I've been hearing talk lately about the game becoming "positionless". They are both very skilled, with Williams being one of the most complete players in the game. Are they two of the top 30 draft eligible players in the game ?! More than likely. Top 60 ?! Definitely.

Yeah. I'm disappointed in the way the game is trending personally. The 3pt arc has upended the game IMO. Used to be more beautiful and diverse. But maybe I'm just old and stuck in the past?

Reactions: VolDaddy61
Yeah. I'm disappointed in the way the game is trending personally. The 3pt arc has upended the game IMO. Used to be more beautiful and diverse. But maybe I'm just old and stuck in the past?

There is some truth to what you are saying, and I don't have a problem with people who prefer a more diverse game, but at the same time, you have to admire players who can launch contested 30 foot shots and drain them. I mean...how do you defend that?

There is some truth to what you are saying, and I don't have a problem with people who prefer a more diverse game, but at the same time, you have to admire players who can launch contested 30 foot shots and drain them. I mean...how do you defend that?

It is honestly amazing the # of players with insane range now. 6'10 guys even. Watch one of the early 3pt line NBA games from the 80s. Even Larry Bird would only launch one or 2 a game. They treated it almost like a last resort or gimmick.

It is honestly amazing the # of players with insane range now. 6'10 guys even. Watch one of the early 3pt line NBA games from the 80s. Even Larry Bird would only launch one or 2 a game. They treated it almost like a last resort or gimmick.
Yeah, Bird would have balled on this day and age

Yes, actually, Larry Bird took more 3 point shots as a rookie, and shot it very well. But after that season, his coaches wanted him to play more in the post. His 3 point percentage went down a lot then, because many of his 3 pointers were bail-out shots with the shot clock expiring on poor possessions. He made it more of his game again midway through his career, and normally shot over 40%.

A contender will take Schofield and not regret it. He's a perfect wing in today's NBA.

Reactions: VolDave53

VN Store

Back