Grant has Chism ability from 3.

jasonvols2.2

Wheezy was our best three point shooter in 10. (I think). He is smarter too. He should take 3 or 4 a game, as long as he is open. He has a pretty shot. It would add a lot to his game, and teams would have to respect it. You agree?

Wheezy was our best three point shooter in 10. (I think). He is smarter too. He should take 3 or 4 a game, as long as he is open. He has a pretty shot. It would add a lot to his game, and teams would have to respect it. You agree?
I wouldn't mind seeing it, for sure if he can bag 40% or better. The bigger question is will Barnes want it. Grant is hitting what, maybe 58% from 2. Hitting 40% from 3 would equate to about 60% from 2. So yes, I would say so.

He's hitting a very high %, but he only takes wide open looks currently. That helps the #s drastically. Shoot them under pressure like AS, LT, or Bowden and things would change IMO. But yeah, with those #s, if they back off then make them pay.

He's hitting a very high %, but he only takes wide open looks currently. That helps the #s drastically. Shoot them under pressure like AS, LT, or Bowden and things would change IMO. But yeah, with those #s, if they back off then make them pay.
I'd rather Grant keep taking his looks down low, unless of course he is wide open, just as he is now. It allows for more dribble-drive and kick outs to open 3 looks for the more consistent deep threats. I just like what we're doing so much that I'm also scared to even think about what it would be like to change something. lol

Reactions: livefaith

Absolutely not! In a Pearl coached offense, this works, but there is a reason Barnes benched Grant many times last season after he jacked up a three. He may have the ability, but it’s still not the shot you want him taking. In general, you want to pound the ball into him, draw the double team, & kick it out for the open three.

I'd rather Grant keep taking his looks down low, unless of course he is wide open, just as he is now. It allows for more dribble-drive and kick outs to open 3 looks for the more consistent deep threats. I just like what we're doing so much that I'm also scared to even think about what it would be like to change something. lol

Yeah. I feel guilty even thinking about something to change.

Reactions: supersmo18
Absolutely not! In a Pearl coached offense, this works, but there is a reason Barnes benched Grant many times last season after he jacked up a three. He may have the ability, but it’s still not the shot you want him taking. In general, you want to pound the ball into him, draw the double team, & kick it out for the open three.

The 3 point shot is something Grant will have to improve if he wants a long, successful NBA career, but for our team, we need him in the post.

Reactions: VolDave53

VN Store

Back