A great Eric Berry story

Wow! What a wonderful person. He probably won't be happy about the article outing his big heart when he tries to keep it quiet!

Reactions: cdjcompany
I’ve said it before on here but Eric Berry is my all time favorite Vol and made me fall in love with UT football. An inspiration to me with all he has overcome and the type of man he is

Reactions: DEFENDTHISHOUSE
He's simply a Berry special man and player.

His family is also a Berry special group of people.

His dad, him and his twin brothers are all VFL's and we're lucky to have had them all.

THANK YOU to all of them!

God bless yu all!

VFL...GBO!!!

I've told this before but it's worth repeating. I took my kids to football camp at UT from the time they were old enough to go. One year we were leaving through the indoor field when we stopped to watch a bunch of players doing agility drills and conditioning. They went hard, and at the end they broke down, the coach walked away and Eric said overtime lets go. Most all the players stayed and he led a grueling workout with no coaches around. I told my sons to remember this because that's the way you carry yourself as a leader. after they were done most of the players (but not all) graciously signed some stuff for the kids. Eric was easily the star of that group of players, but not only did he sign anything and everything every kid wanted, he posed for pictures with every child that wanted one. A UT staffer brought him 2 Gatorades and he wouldn't even open it until every kid got anything from him they asked for. I have never been more impressed by an athlete. I said boys do you remember what I said to you about carrying yourself as a leader? That's true, but what he just did. That's the way you carry yourself as a man.

It's a shame all we see (or mostly see) is the negativity from the NFL with players abusing women, getting arrested and just plain bad publicity. We need more stories like this shared that highlights the truly incredible people and men in the NFL. Eric Berry is the epitome of an awesome man and human being - he will be successful in life with whatever he decides to do after football. Let's hope though, that is a long time off! I hope and pray he can get healthy and have a few more very productive years injury free.

Reactions: Vol49er
I have a friend who's been on staff with the Vols for several years now and she's a beautiful young lady of 28 and single. When Eric is in town many times he'll call her up and just take her out to eat. She said there's never, ever been a hint of anything other than Eric just enjoys being around her. They are friends and only friends. But she said to sit down at a restaurant with Eric Berry IN KNOXVILLE TENNESSEE and expect to have an uninterrupted meal is totally unreasonable. She said he's never been rude, disinterested, or too rushed to talk to fans, take pictures, and sign an autograph. That's the kind of kid James and Carol have raised. Good job Berry's! Good job!!!

Hoping Berry and the Chiefs hit ‘cry Brady’ hard and often. Wouldn’t break my heart if they carry him off the field in a stretcher.

I donot watch NFL football because of a few retards, unless it is the KCCs. That is because I have always been a EB fan and remember when his dad played. Right up there with PM as a VFL as well as a better human being!!!

Reactions: StarRaider
Eric Berry is the definition of what a professional athlete should be, a role model. A true ambassador of the University of Tennessee and is exactly what this world needs more of. Thank you Eric Berry, and God bless.

Reactions: StarRaider
I hope he goes into coaching when he decides it's time to take off the helmet. He still has knowledge to give and a natural ability to inspire and lead.

Great man. Hope he can get a ring this year.

VN Store

Back