R.Davis / MeMe !

djtee

First let me start out with Holly and what i like and did not like how she coached last night game vs Alabama. 1) like - She went to Rae Burrell early and stayed with her. Rae made a few mistakes but she will learn and play thur them. 2) like she benched Davis and i think that was correct move sending her a message.

Now what she did wrong and i dislike.
1) Again play KK way to long i understand she needed size in the lineup but at one KK was out of gas.
2) should have left Rae on Walker after Walker Torched Zay and Meme in the first Holly made a switch moved Rae on her and she only scored 2pts in the 2nd qt per Carolyn Peck also noticed that.
3) Why keep playing Collins at the 5 it`s not working she can`t play it.

NOW ! for Davis and Meme

Davis is a player that`s very hard to figure out. When she gets the ball in the post instead of going up with it or driving to that basket she retreats away from the basket. If you ask me i don`t think she likes playing the 4.
As for Meme Holly needs to make a stand right now and sit her remove her from the lineup. Last night she played more mins then she should have.

We have lost 4 games in a row time to make a move lineup change.

Westbrook
Zay
C.Green
Rae
Davis

Note: in the interview Rae said Holly has been playing her at the 4 more.

Reactions: screenthis
First let me start out with Holly and what i like and did not like how she coached last night game vs Alabama. 1) like - She went to Rae Burrell early and stayed with her. Rae made a few mistakes but she will learn and play thur them. 2) like she benched Davis and i think that was correct move sending her a message.

1) Again play KK way to long i understand she needed size in the lineup but at one KK was out of gas.
2) should have left Rae on Walker after Walker Torched Zay and Meme in the first Holly made a switch moved Rae on her and she only scored 2pts in the 2nd qt per Carolyn Peck also noticed that.

NOW ! for Davis and Meme

Davis is a player that`s very hard to figure out. When she gets the ball in the post instead of going up with it or driving to that basket she retreats away from the basket. If you ask me i don`t think she likes playing the 4.
As for Meme Holly needs to make a stand right now and sit her remove her from the lineup. Last night she played more mins then she should have.

Westbrook
Zay
C.Green
Rae
Davis

This is not about 1 game, it has been 6 years and she is not a Coach at any level. The only move that I see needs to be made is moving her out of Thompson Boiling Arena

One thing I will say about Davis is playing her at the four is not working. She needs to be moved back to the three. Meme needs to take a seat for the next game she has not been a factor in any of the last four games. The lack of a post presence is killing this team don't know how were gonna get around it this season. She needs KK or C. Green in there but she needs to rotate them in five minute increments KK doesn't have to play more than five at a time.

One thing I will say about Davis is playing her at the four is not working. She needs to be moved back to the three. Meme needs to take a seat for the next game she has not been a factor in any of the last four games. The lack of a post presence is killing this team don't know how were gonna get around it this season. She needs KK or C. Green in there but she needs to rotate them in five minute increments KK doesn't have to play more than five at a time.

That was my take coming into this season as well. Russell and Nared would be missed because you can't easily replace Russell's size down low nor Nared's versatility. I didn't think Rennia would be sturdy enough to play inside. Nared was physical and seemed to thrive on rough play; Rennia is more of a finesse player. She needs to be at the 3.

I think the ideal starting five is PG Evina SG Jackson SF Davis PF Burrell C Cheridene. If Jackson's stinking it up, sub her quickly for Zaay. Let Collins back up both posts, but mainly the 4. Evina is not an ideal PG but Masssengill is more of a liability than an asset at this point if they need to manufacture points.

This is not about 1 game, it has been 6 years and she is not a Coach at any level. The only move that I see needs to be made is moving her out of Thompson Boiling Arena

You have a point ! i`m thinking about right now because we are stuck with her. While she is here we need to to up right the ship.

For the women's basketball guru's on here, If Holly gets fired, who is candidates to replace her?

I would love my Mom and Dad's friend Wes Moore but I know that isn't happening. Wes and his wife are from Carolina and love being back home near the family at NC State.

Volfan2012: Your post has hit the nail right on the head. Davis want`s nothing to do with the 4 spot and sit Meme.

Reactions: Volfan2012
I watched the last two games start to finish; two things

1. Holly cannot coach.
2. The "talent" on the court, is, and I am very serious, not good.

Numbers don't lie. We have seen this slow moving train wreck for several years. It is here; the program is mediocre.

Congrats UTAD! Can't wait to see how you kill the Women's Softball team !!!

That was my take coming into this season as well. Russell and Nared would be missed because you can't easily replace Russell's size down low nor Nared's versatility. I didn't think Rennia would be sturdy enough to play inside. Nared was physical and seemed to thrive on rough play; Rennia is more of a finesse player. She needs to be at the 3.

I think the ideal starting five is PG Evina SG Jackson SF Davis PF Burrell C Cheridene. If Jackson's stinking it up, sub her quickly for Zaay. Let Collins back up both posts, but mainly the 4. Evina is not an ideal PG but Masssengill is more of a liability than an asset at this point if they need to manufacture points.

Amb3096 : You Have a point and i never thought of it until i saw the interview with her, Rae did say Holly is having her play the 4 spot more. Thank You !

NOW ! for Davis and Meme

Westbrook
Zay
C.Green
Rae
Davis

Meme has clearly lost confidence in her shot. In some ways, her hot shooting from the outside in the early season was a little bit of fools gold. Her game is primarily being a lock down defender, a big guard who can hit the boards and she can get to the rim. Her outside shooting to stretch the zone is a a plus. She be our next Alexis Hornbuckle but she seems to have defined herself as a 3-point shooter, more like Shanna Zolman (which is a boom or bust identity). I really wanted her to take the ball to the rim last night, get some lay-ups and drqaw fouls. She Evina (who tried) should have made the Bama really work.

Davis-- I think her issue may be that she is not ready to be THE player. Last year, she was a counterpuncher--the third option who killed you when defenses concentrated on Cedes and Jamie. She still seems to be deferring a lot to Evina and increasingly Zay.

I loved the spunk that Zay and Rae showed last night. Both need some polish to be consistent game changers but they were about the only bright spots last night (with Evina in stretches).

On Evina, I don't think she was sufficiently engaged on the defensive side (though that applies to the whole team). Zay and Rae were the two players who put in effort on the defensive end but they made a lot of positional mistakes which cancelled it all out.

Meme has clearly lost confidence in her shot. In some ways, her hot shooting from the outside in the early season was a little bit of fools gold. Her game is primarily being a lock down defender, a big guard who can hit the boards and she can get to the rim. . . . t.

Great games can be accidental, but great runs aren't.
Meme had a great run, this year until the end of December,
She was in the eyes of the WNBA and receiving national recognition...
The late December happened...

VN Store

Back