• HEIGHT 6-3
  • WEIGHT 225
  • HIGH SCHOOL Muscle Shoals
  • HOME TOWN Muscle Shoals, AL
  • CLASS 2020
Jackson Bratton, Muscle Shoals , Inside Linebacker

Jackson Bratton, 2020 Inside linebacker - Rivals

Reactions: Evergrenevol
One of Alabama's early in-state commitments in the 2020 class is planning to visit Tennessee this weekend. Four-star Class of 2020 linebacker Jackson Bratton of Muscle Shoals (Ala.) High School told 247Sports' Hank South that he's set to visit the Vols on Saturday for the first of a few trips he has scheduled with other major programs.

The 6-foot-3, 225-pound Bratton told South that he's also planning to travel to Texas A&M on Feb. 2, and a trip to Clemson could happen on Feb. 16. He said he will return to Alabama next weekend, too, for the Crimson Tide's junior day, and he's not wavering on his commitment to Alabama despite the scheduled trips to other schools. “Bama is home to me,” he said. “Unless anything changes, I’m still dead set on my school.”

Bratton has been committed to Alabama since March. He has received scholarship offers from Auburn, Nebraska, Ole Miss and Texas A&M, among others. He said Tennessee, Clemson, Texas A&M, Ole Miss and Nebraska are among the other schools showing interest. And while he has no intentions of backing out on his commitment to Alabama, he said he's still planning to explore his options and enjoy the recruiting process.

“I plan to take all five (official visits) of mine because I would love to see other places,” Bratton told South. “I can only do this one time in my life, so I’m going to make the best of it.”

Visiting this weekend per Callahan

Talked to Jackson Bratton...

The ILB has known Pruitt since his freshman season. The 4-star also has a good relationship with Kevin Sherrer. Bratton is solid to Alabama but admits he's keeping his options open. "Just wherever the road takes me. See wherever this recruiting process leads me to."

Bratton picked up an offer from Tennessee inperson yesterday.

- Simonton

feel like we're offering a bunch of kids that are already committed to other places. it's early i get that, but man......hate to pull up these player profiles and already see "committed" elsewhere...for a 2020 kid.

Reactions: Vol Main
feel like we're offering a bunch of kids that are already committed to other places. it's early i get that, but man......hate to pull up these player profiles and already see "committed" elsewhere...for a 2020 kid.

Bama has half of their 2020 class already done.

Bama has half of their 2020 class already done.
i know. it's ridiculous. hoping some of this turmoil on their staff this off season opens up some doors for us, and maybe gets some kids to look elsewhere....

i'm not worried or anything, but jeez, just feels we're a tad behind already and we haven't even had NSD for the 19 cycle yet!!! lol.

i know. it's ridiculous. hoping some of this turmoil on their staff this off season opens up some doors for us, and maybe gets some kids to look elsewhere....

i'm not worried or anything, but jeez, just feels we're a tad behind already and we haven't even had NSD for the 19 cycle yet!!! lol.
So why do you think the kids are committing earlier and earlier?

Jackson Bratton
has been committed to Alabama for 10 months, but the 4-star inside linebacker from the little town of Muscle Schoals, Ala., isn’t quite ready to shutdown his recruitment.

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound linebacker made his first visit to Tennessee on Saturday, attending the mini Junior Day and picking up an offer from the Vols while in town.

“The visit went great. I had a fun time," Bratton told VolQuest.

"It’s a really nice campus. I had a good time catching up with coach (Jeremy) Pruitt and the rest of the coaches. Coach (Kevin) Sherrer is the one who told me that I had an offer and then coach Pruitt and assured me that I had one and was wanted by Tennessee before I left to head home.”

Bratton committed to the Tide last March and has since seen interest from Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Clemson and Tennessee, among others. The nation’s 244th prospect in the 2020 class remains solid to Alabama but is also “just trying to keep my options open to everyone. Just wherever the road takes me. See wherever this recruiting process leads me to.”

One of those stops was always going to be Tennessee because Bratton has known Pruitt before he ever emerged as a national recruit. They’ve maintained their relationship even after Pruitt left Alabama, and Saturday was a great opportunity to reconnect.

“I’ve known coach (Jeremy) Pruitt since my freshman year. He was the first coach who ever started talking to me when he was at Alabama,” Bratton said.

“It felt good to know I have an offer now because I love coach Pruitt. That whole coaching staff is top class. I feel like I have a connection with several of the coaches. It’s nice.”

Bratton, who runs a 4.6 40-yard dash, recorded 155 tackles, seven sacks and two forced fumbles as a junior. He said Tennessee likes “my ability to play in the box against the run” and Bratton tries to emulate his game after another famous Alabama linebacker.

“Reuben Foster is my all-time favorite,” he said. “I love to sit there and watch his (highlights). You can learn a lot from him.”

Bratton plans on returning to Knoxville this spring for a practice and has a busy next few weeks, with trips to Alabama, Texas A&M (Feb. 2) and Clemson (Feb. 16).

--Simonton

VN Store

Back