Bizarre interview with Albert Haynesworth

BornonRockyTop

Those close to the program are pretty aware about Albert's unhinged behavior at times and his reputation certainly precedes him, but I haven't really heard him talk in a long time. Something seems...off shall we say? Listen for yourself, he talks pretty candidly about what it means to him being a Vol and has some pretty negative things to say about the team today.

55 min mark of podcast

ANDROID USERS: AFC & NFC Championship Supershow (Sean Salisbury, JJ Birden, Shane Williams, Albert Haynesworth, Lin Elliot) - The Elite Sports Podcast

IPHONE USERS: The Elite Sports Podcast by Music Mania on Apple Podcasts

It's very sad to think about, but given what we've learned from autopsies on guys like Aaron Hernandez and Junior Seau, it's essentially guaranteed that some current and former Vols have CTE. Some, like Jamal Lewis, even suspect they have it, and guys like Lewis and Haynesworth didn't know about CTE when they were playing since because the NFL covered it up for so many years. We should keep that mind before we think about criticizing any of our VFLs.

It's very sad to think about, but given what we've learned from autopsies on guys like Aaron Hernandez and Junior Seau, it's essentially guaranteed that some current and former Vols have CTE. Some, like Jamal Lewis, even suspect they have it, and guys like Lewis and Haynesworth didn't know about CTE when they were playing since because the NFL covered it up for so many years. We should keep that mind before we think about criticizing any of our VFLs.

That is a very serious and frightening thing that all players have to worry about. However, Haynesworth was batshit nuts when he showed up at UT.

I'm note sure I'm hearing the crazy part? Spoke pretty accurately @ pro FB, playoffs, DTs etc. Spoke @ him and Henderson on the Hill. Everything seemed pretty straight up. He sounded like he may have been drinking or smoking a bit and a little slurry. But, he probably did this from the privacy of his home and either didn't get paid or got 2 free Elite Sports tees and a $20 Cracker Barrel gift certificate. May have been the crappy audio bandwidth too.
Sorry, I'm not seein' OP. I figured for AH standards this would be truly unhinged.

Al is odd. Very odd. He’s always been that way. He was the best d-linemen in the league at one time. Had he kept his head on straight he would be a legend. As it stands he will be remembered more for not living up to his contract with the Redskins.

Reactions: livefaith
Haynesworth has been the same dude for 20 years.

The newest research show that it’s almost certain that every former and current player has CTE, except for maybe the kickers, unless they also played soccer or another position in football at some point intheir life.

I am confused as to whats bizzare about the interview? its a call in interview on a podcast.. its not like he prepped for it or something and the weird feedback u get on a podcast from a call in.. Nothing he said seemed weird or crazy just his opinions.

Back in 2010 or so he had his signing bonus check for $21m sitting on his table for several weeks before cashing it.

And then there was the road rage incident in Nashville.

And the head stomp.

I met him after his career was over. At some point he got some very poor financial advice or maybe none at all and realized he needed to preserve what he had left. He fell victim to those around him all needing money for XXX. Lots of bad investments. Haven’t heard about him in a long time.

VN Store

Back