Do We Lose.....

Wrangler95

any of these game.Have 2 games against Kentucky,play at Auburn,play South Carolina,play at LSU and play Miss St!!I think we might lose 2 games but hope Im wrong!!Want to make a prediction?All ranked except South Carolina!!

Past month or so, I've thought we'd lose 3-4 conference games. But, after first four games of SEC slate, and seeing the maturity and our ability to have different guys step up has me thinking we could well run the table. They're hungry, for sure, always play solid D and scoring seems to be on good footing, especially with Turner coming back. Not that it is near the same thing, but team basketball played at high levels wins, and Golden State has won so much because they have had top level guys, but also role players who all contribute. Additionally, our deep 8-10 man rotation without much drop off ends up wearing other teams down in the second half. But, to answer the question, I think if Auburn gets hot at home, that could be a tough game, and could certainly lose another one in there somewhere.

I think there is about a 50/50 chance we go into Rupp at 23-1. Now, I would be happy just to finish those last 7 games at 4-3. That would have us at 27-4 overall, 15-3 in the SEC. We probably win the conference outright with that record, and go into the SECT as the 1 seed and a double bye. Go 2-1 or better there, and you are almost assuredly a 2 seed in the NCAAT, possibly a 1.

Last edited:
Ky is improving each week, as that system tends to do, and Auburn can get hot in a minute, I think if we lose, it will be splits with those two. JMHO

Reactions: RollerVol
any of these game.Have 2 games against Kentucky,play at Auburn,play South Carolina,play at LSU and play Miss St!!I think we might lose 2 games but hope Im wrong!!Want to make a prediction?All ranked except South Carolina!!

Here are my biggest worries for losses in order of anxiety intensity ...
1. Auburn on the plains. You know how their coach can motivate for a big game. Loaded w athleticism. Streaky from 3 and can run a team out or lose inexplicably. Beat us solidly at home last season.
2. UK in Rupp or TBA. Rupp is hard w/ loud fanbase and UK often allowed 8 players on the court. TBA is much better environ. But, UK always improves with more maturity, so earlier is better. See Bammer.
3. Ole Miss on the road. Team playing above expectations in tough environ.
4. MSU at TBA. Never count out a good roster developed by Howland. They've built up a little like us and can play.
5. Others are always possible to lose. But not likely imo.

... Still after all that anxiety, out of the 6 listed, I say we handle these 5wins and 1loss.

I also don't want them to wear down playing the hard schedule at the end. I posted in another thread about my concern about perceptions should they drop a few at the end. I think regardless they need to cut down the net at SECT to get that #1 seed.

Last edited:
Reactions: RollerVol
I see 4 losses. Im not sure that will win the SEC, but it should still have us i contention for a 2-3 seed.

Here are my biggest worries for losses in order of anxiety intensity ...
1. Auburn on the plains. You know how their coach can motivate for a big game. Loaded w athleticism. Streaky from 3 and can run a team out or lose inexplicably. Beat us solidly at home last season.
2. UK in Rupp or TBA. Rupp is hard w/ loud fanbase and UK often allowed 8 players on the court. TBA is much better environ. But, UK always improves with more maturity, so earlier is better. See Bammer.
3. Ole Miss on the road. Team playing above expectations in tough environ.
4. MSU at TBA. Never count out a good roster developed by Howland. They've built up a little like us and can play.
5. Others are always possible to lose. But not likely imo.

... Still after all that anxiety, out of the 6 listed, I say we handle these 5wins and 1loss.
Good take - particularly with the depth and discipline the team has displayed thus far - add to that the talent we have - I would take this - but let's concentrate on Bama at home first and take it a game at a time - please.

VN Store

Back