Alabama Postgame

John Petty and Avery Johnson Postgame

If the rest of the team is like what I see here, Alabama is not going away.
Good stuff. Johnson is a winner and classy. I think he coaches like he played and that's a good thing. I think Bama rebounds from this game and improves. I think they will have a shot at making the NCAA Tourney. Bubble team right now, imo. I expect them to make a nice run at it and dare I say it, hope they make it in

Very classy by Alabama. Tennessee had an off day shooting the ball but the defense probably had something to do with that. Alabama had a great second half. Glad Tennessee was able to pull this one out at the end. Good teams do that.

Good stuff. Johnson is a winner and classy. I think he coaches like he played and that's a good thing. I think Bama rebounds from this game and improves. I think they will have a shot at making the NCAA Tourney. Bubble team right now, imo. I expect them to make a nice run at it and dare I say it, hope they make it in

They're 40 in the RPI right now. Yeah, that's bubble but most top 40 RPI teams make it.

RealTimeRPI.com Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Ratings - A leading sports ratings and resources community on the Internet

Vols didn't play best game of season, that said good teams find ways to win when not playing their best game, Bama is good team very athletic and have good coach CAJ
CRB knows this team and what buttons to push, they are all focused. Each player knows his role on this team we have good depth getting LT back is another weapon, I would like
to see Improvement from Walker for help in post. This team is mature and mentally tough credit to CRB and he wont let them get complacent. The Mizzo game and
Florida game are example of tough, games in hostile environment opponent hits u in mouth you take best shot and kick their azz. GO VOLS...……...

for Bama it's nice to have someone come off the bench and have a career night...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

I have been worried about the Bama game for some time and have said so.
They showed something in us that I had not seen.
Their offense is "one on one" School yard ball....
One on one they are a better match up against us than most other teams we have played so far. We just didn't defend well and it may be that this is the way to handle our "team" - hope you are better than we are one on one.
That being said, there are a few good one on one teams out there that could effect our future success. Duke for one, the way the looked today Virginia, and closer to home the bunch just north of Knoxville, they are coming.... We already know about Kansas what little I have watch them they strike me as heavily one on one.

Some people that have that deep country twang in the way they speak sometimes have trouble with sounds like "or", "aught", etc...they pronounce it "r". Georgia becomes Jarga. Fought becomes fart. Blaine Bishop does this all the time when that sound is in the word.

Back to Avery Johnson total class act. You will never catch me pulling for Alabama unless I think it helps UT more than the other team winning.

Reactions: livefaith
I had no idea they were that high. I was going on record and the fact they beat Kentucky, Arizona and lost to LSU. After that, I knew nothing until I watched them today

Lost at home to Georgia State and A&M. Also lost to Northeastern at neutral site. Those are the kind that hurt you when on the bubble.

Reactions: cncchris33

VN Store

Back