• HEIGHT 6-4
  • WEIGHT 188
  • HIGH SCHOOL Lakewood
  • HOME TOWN Saint Petersburg, FL
  • CLASS 2020

Gregory Spann, 2020 Dual-threat quarterback - Rivals

Gregory Spann, Lakewood, Pro-Style Quarterback

Vols offered today per John Garcia on 247

I don't see how he isn't ranked a little higher. Great touch on the ball. Great offer list too.

I’m confused about this offer
How so? The good teams take 2 or 3 four and five star qbs sometimes and let them see who the best man is.

Bailey is great but there is a good chance a qb we already have transfers imo. That would leave us with a need for another scholarship qb.

I’m confused about this offer
Why is that? Because he's a QB and we have one or because of his ranking?

1. We likely sign 2 in '20 and even if we don't you don't stop recruiting a position, ever.

2. This kid is going to blow up. This month he's picked up offers from FSU, Miami and Tennessee. After spring camps he'll be a 4star with a long list of Power 5 offers is my guess.

I don't see how he isn't ranked a little higher. Great touch on the ball. Great offer list too.

Spann's passing numbers may have something to do it. He was very effective on the ground but only hit 45% of his passes, ending up with more INTs than TDs.
Gregory (deuce) spann ii's High School Football Stats

Maybe he was hampered by a weak OL and/or receiving corps, I don't know, but to be ranked 19th nationally at his position ain't too shabby.

Reactions: k-town_king
Why is that? Because he's a QB and we have one or because of his ranking?

1. We likely sign 2 in '20 and even if we don't you don't stop recruiting a position, ever.

2. This kid is going to blow up. This month he's picked up offers from FSU, Miami and Tennessee. After spring camps he'll be a 4star with a long list of Power 5 offers is my guess.
Maybe it seems confusing to those on the outside after the comments made from Orvel Bailey and 247.

“I mean, look, they made it clear Harrison’s the quarterback of the future for them — well, for at least the 2020 class. They’ve got some really good quarterbacks in there now. … He’s going to have to go in and compete. But for the 2020 class, Harrison’s their quarterback. They made him feel that way."

so whaddya do it you work for Rivals and kid commits to TN? do you say you dropped a ...

nm.

Spann's passing numbers may have something to do it. He was very effective on the ground but only hit 45% of his passes, ending up with more INTs than TDs.

Maybe he was hampered by a weak OL and/or receiving corps, I don't know, but to be ranked 19th nationally at his position ain't too shabby.
Isn't this the same reason K-town thinks Shrout will never play a down here?

Isn't this the same reason K-town thinks Shrout will never play a down here?
Compare the offer lists. Also almost 1000 rushing.

Like he said that is probably why he is ranked so low. His numbers are bad.

If he does the same as a Sr I would definitely have questions about his ability to be accurate and take care of the ball at the college level.

Reactions: AllVol11717
Maybe it seems confusing to those on the outside after the comments made from Orvel Bailey and 247.

“I mean, look, they made it clear Harrison’s the quarterback of the future for them — well, for at least the 2020 class. They’ve got some really good quarterbacks in there now. … He’s going to have to go in and compete. But for the 2020 class, Harrison’s their quarterback. They made him feel that way."
Like I said you don’t stop recruiting a position, ever.

I get your point, but why lead Bailey in the other direction with another narrative? The way I read the insiders' comments are that Bailey will have to win the spot when he arrives but he is our only 2020 qb. If this staff is "honest" about their pitch, then I have to ask what am I missing here?

Last edited:
Someone on one of the Miami boards said he is being offered as a WR by everyone including them.

Gotta stay consistent. 50% (or worse) and 20 int’s = sucks donkey azz for Shrout. So this kid never throws a meaningful pass in ever.
- K-Town prolly

Bailey has plenty that will be willing to just take him!!
Pretty sure, most of these kind of offers are non-commitable. Bailey is OUR and THE qb, whether their is another in the class or not. I like to think of these offers more as courtesy offers than anything.

i dont think he'll have to compete. come in and learn the playbook and play. wont take much. i dont buy that what we have on campus is that great.

apologies to the JG audience.

This

VN Store

Back