Just got my FREE tickets to the UT @ SC game next Tuesday night!

preacherwebb

KJV1611
Here in South Carolina, Farm Bureau Insurance has a promotion with SC and Clemson for tickets for various sporting events available to Farm Bureau members. I checked into it, and it just so happened that the UT game was on the list of 4 games on SC's schedule that the promotion was good for. I asked a guy at their office what the process was, and strangely enough he didn't know. He checked into it, and called me back, telling me he had vouchers for two tickets. I picked up the vouchers, went to the ticket office at SC (about an hour away from my house) and they exchanged the vouchers for two tickets. Easy as that!

I was wearing a UT shirt and hoodie. When I got near the building, a very nice fellow jokingly said, "I know you ain't going in there to buy tickets for the game Tuesday night." I laughed, and said, "No, I'm not buying any tickets. They're free."

The lady at the ticket window was very nice, and was obviously decked out in her SC gear. She looked at my hoodie and asked me if I wanted tickets near the visitors section (which I did).

Me and my son are going I reckon. I've never been to a college BB game (wish I would've went to TBA back in the day before we moved). Should be fun.

Go #1 Ranked Vols!

Here in South Carolina, Farm Bureau Insurance has a promotion with SC and Clemson for tickets for various sporting events available to Farm Bureau members. I checked into it, and it just so happened that the UT game was on the list of 4 games on SC's schedule that the promotion was good for. I asked a guy at their office what the process was, and strangely enough he didn't know. He checked into it, and called me back, telling me he had vouchers for two tickets. I picked up the vouchers, went to the ticket office at SC (about an hour away from my house) and they exchanged the vouchers for two tickets. Easy as that!

I was wearing a UT shirt and hoodie. When I got near the building, a very nice fellow jokingly said, "I know you ain't going in there to buy tickets for the game Tuesday night." I laughed, and said, "No, I'm not buying any tickets. They're free."

The lady at the ticket window was very nice, and was obviously decked out in her SC gear. She looked at my hoodie and asked me if I wanted tickets near the visitors section (which I did).

Me and my son are going I reckon. I've never been to a college BB game (wish I would've went to TBA back in the day before we moved). Should be fun.

Go #1 Ranked Vols!

Your son will remember it for the rest of his life. Enjoy!

USCe is playing some of the best ball in SEC right now. Should be a good game. Think Gamecocks are 10- 8 but 5 & 1 in SEC so Francisco José Martin has them playing well. Go Vols...

Go #1 Ranked Vols!
Back in the day when we were ranked no. 1 for a week I had tix. in hand for the UK game that I bought preseason. The moral of the story is; my first UT bb game was also when we were ranked no. 1.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Isn't the rule around here "A picture or it didn't happen"

Where's the picture, Preacher?

Do you know how long it took me to learn how to post a gif in the Gruden threads? And that was on my laptop.
I still don't know how to do it on my phone.
And you want a pic?!
Hasn't VolNation learned that preacherwebb don't speak Tech-ese?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(just keeeding ... mostly)

Was traveling through Knoxville with my son when he was around 8 years old and surprised him by taking him to his first UT/Vandy basketball game. Got lucky and scored tickets from a scalper on the first row behind the Vandy bench. One of the best times we ever spent together at a sporting event, aside from Van Breda Kolff's extensive salty language. Man, that guy cussed like a sailor. Enjoy and make good memories, Preacher Webb!

Go #1 Ranked Vols!

What sections are for the visitors?

What sections are for the visitors?

I don't remember which sections exactly, but they were in the lower bowl.
The lady put me in the first row of the upper bowl kinda caddie-cornered behind the visitors, section 212.

So, according to this link:
Seating Charts | Colonial Life Arena
I think (if i remember right) visitors were 105/106.

Don't hold me to that as correct, but I think that was right.

Reactions: OrangenSC
I don't remember which sections exactly, but they were in the lower bowl.
The lady put me in the first row of the upper bowl kinda caddie-cornered behind the visitors, section 212.

So, according to this link:
Seating Charts | Colonial Life Arena
I think (if i remember right) visitors were 105/106.

Don't hold me to that as correct, but I think that was right.
The local alumni chapter has ticket blocks in sections 101 and 203.

There`s also a pregame reception at the Hickory Tavern (907 Senate St.) from 5-6 PM.

Info for both at link

https://alumni.utk.edu/s/1341/alumn...id=12377&gid=2&cid=20735&ecid=20735&post_id=0

Thanks for the replies.

I just realized that the game is the same night that Josiah James is playing about 10 minutes from my house. So, since it's a work night and the UT game is about 2 hours from my house, I'm probably going to the high school game instead.

Reactions: preacherwebb
I loved going to Columbia for games back when I lived in Jax, FL. Hudson's Smokehouse was my favorite spot. I would also stop there on the way to Knoxville or on the way back, as it was the midpoint.

VN Store

Back