ESPN Bracketology Rankings problem

GBOplayer

Tennessee basketball team is #1 in the AP and Coaches poll. However, why does ESPN Bracketology (Joe Lunardi) still have Tennessee as a #4 seed overall and playing in the Midwest? I would think that Tennessee should project easily to be the top overall seed in the NCAA tournament and play in the South region. What am I missing here? Is it because we are ranked low in the NET and computer rankings which would hold us back from being the top overall seed?

Reactions: Orange Swagger
It’s because of NET pretty sure.

Remember, it’s not his opinion of who should be what. It’s his opinion what he thinks the committee will do.

Lunardi released an article on ESPN+ today detailing why he still has Tennessee behind Duke and UVA.

Wouldnt have a problem with this if he was "projecting" where everyone will be come March. But his brackets are "current"... meaning this is how he would have it if selection sunday was today. Hes gotten worse every year. That all being said, I expect us to drop a few down the stretch and end up a 2 seed. And Im fine with that. Hopefully a favorable draw.

Lunardi said on twitter we're not in the same group as Duke, Virginia, and Michigan - we have more to prove.

Tennessee basketball team is #1 in the AP and Coaches poll. However, why does ESPN Bracketology (Joe Lunardi) still have Tennessee as a #4 seed overall and playing in the Midwest? I would think that Tennessee should project easily to be the top overall seed in the NCAA tournament and play in the South region. What am I missing here? Is it because we are ranked low in the NET and computer rankings which would hold us back from being the top overall seed?

It's a projection. Our schedule is backloaded and we are scraping by NIT teams. Reasonable projection.

VN Store

Back