Dawn Staley big Holly fan!!!

tnburban

Tweet from Dawn Staley. This is why Holly needs to go. OF COURSE DAWN WANTS HER TO STAY!!! IT MAKES HER JOB EASIER. If it was Holly being run out of town for something off the court, I get it. But of course she would want her competition to keep playing with one arm tied behind their back.

Tweet below:

"Am! One if my colleague is at a point in the season where there’s a lot of despair & loud rumbling of fire her or get rid of her already are all over social media. No one feels as bad as she does. Show her the love Pat Summitt has given all of us & WBB. #PATSLOVE @LadyVol_Hoops"

Reactions: feathersax
Does anybody else find a tweet like that strange in the middle of the season about an opposition coach? Lady Vols has looked as bad as they ever have basically since the early days of the program. Now you got a rival tweeting support to try to influence a decision. Of course she likes looking across the SEC and seeing a terribly coached team she can beat consistently. This is life, not rec league ball with a part time coach. She is crazy.

Tweet from Dawn Staley. This is why Holly needs to go. OF COURSE DAWN WANTS HER TO STAY!!! IT MAKES HER JOB EASIER. If it was Holly being run out of town for something off the court, I get it. But of course she would want her competition to keep playing with one arm tied behind their back.

Tweet below:

"Am! One if my colleague is at a point in the season where there’s a lot of despair & loud rumbling of fire her or get rid of her already are all over social media. No one feels as bad as she does. Show her the love Pat Summitt has given all of us & WBB. #PATSLOVE @LadyVol_Hoops"

Every women's coach in the SEC and major programs around the country want her to stay. If I were a coach of a women's team, I would certainly want her on the sideline.

I think Dawn was being genuine here and understandably expressing concern for her friend who's being dragged up and down social media and likely a hot topic in every WBB program in the country.

Get the hell out of here with that crap. You're as delusional as Holly fans if you can't see right through what Staley is doing.

I think Dawn was being genuine here and understandably expressing concern for her friend who's being dragged up and down social media and likely a hot topic in every WBB program in the country.

And I’ve got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. Potion did the same thing to Wade Houston in 93 or so. Next season was worst ever. Saban defended Dooley. Yeah, that turned out well.

Open your eyes. This is a situation where her opponents know she sucks. And want to keep letting her suck for their own benefit. Like I said earlier, if this was something other than on the court performance I would understand. But this is 100% trying to keep her here so SC can benefit.

Reactions: feathersax
Everybody keeps throwing Pat's name out there. Wonder what would Pat have done if she hadn't gotten sick and eventually been offered and decided to accept the AD position? Think she would keep Holly around with her performance the last few years? I doubt it--and I'm not necessarily pro toward firing Holly. Still a little on the fence.

Get the hell out of here with that crap. You're as delusional as Holly fans if you can't see right through what Staley is doing.
That's interesting. SC fan here. I see it this way, Dawn is already beating 95% of the coaches in the SEC on a regular basis now so why would she have so much trouble beating whomever comes after Holly? How are you so sure that your next coach will even be great? He or she "could" come in & be considerably better than Holly, but does that automatically guarantee that the Lady Vols will start winning the SEC again year after year?

I understand you vol fans wanting to get back to being on top again; it just doesn't always happen. You all do realize that SC has a batch of great players coming in next year right? Some of you claimed that SC wouldn't do much of anything once Wilson graduated but yet here they are the 2nd best team in the SEC this year, & will go back to being dominant next year.

All I'm saying is Dawn doesn't need Holly to stay at UT because she's gonna win regardless of who your next coach will be. UT has benefited from having a slew of 5 star players year after year. Now that other teams in the SEC are getting their fair share of great players it will be a dogfight to the top every year. Nothing is guaranteed. But most of you ARE smart enough to know that Dawn isn't some mediocre coach that you're about to start trouncing once your new "star" coach is hired. That's just my 2 cents. Go Vols & go SEC! By the way props to your men's basketball team :)

Reactions: SCspur
Everybody keeps throwing Pat's name out there. Wonder what would Pat have done if she hadn't gotten sick and eventually been offered and decided to accept the AD position? Think she would keep Holly around with her performance the last few years? I doubt it--and I'm not necessarily pro toward firing Holly. Still a little on the fence.

Without knowing Pat I could see she was a open and honest person. She lived off character and accountability. I’m sure that if Pat were the AD at Tennessee she and CHW would have or had many discussions about the direction of the program. She expected the best from herself and her coaches and players. She too at some point would have to make the difficult decision to let her go. I know it not a “difficult one” but firing someone is ever easy and something no one should ever want to do. I think she would hire someone who has some of her qualities and is a good fit for Tennessee. Tennessee isn’t for everyone it’s a special place and she knew that. I have no doubt she’d make the best possible hire she could whether or not the brass was in favor.

I'm not saying the decline of the Lady Vols isn't a blessing for these other SEC teams, and perhaps SC in particular! Just that I read this particular message as genuine.

From a Gamecock fan's perspective, and as someone who follows Dawn on social media, I can say with confidence that she is being sincere in her tweet. It simply isn't Dawn's MO to undermine anyone or spread negativity, especially when someone is struggling. In fact, she does just the opposite. She often tweets out support for those who are going through a rough time or who she believes could benefit from some uplifting words. I'm sure you Lady Vol fans will remember several supportive tweets celebrating LV success in past years, including your last big win over ND, advancing to the E8, etc. I believe she and Holly have a genuine friendship, and Dawn can relate to the pressures of her position and situation better than anyone on this (or any) message board.

That said, I can certainly relate to your predicament. I grew up watching the Pat Summitt teams and even had the good fortune of meeting her while I was a student at USC. I have nothing but respect for your program, and Dawn has made that very statement herself on many occasions. She has built our program on the same principles used by Pat to develop Tennessee into a powerhouse, including discipline and a strong defense. I see many similarities between our current program and the great teams Pat produced. Personally, I would much rather the 2 big dogs in the SEC be USC and Tennessee (in that order, of course). Keep your heads up high LV fans. I am sure you all will be back. I'll be cheering you all on as you look to take down ND, and I'll definitely be a huge LV fan the next time y'all take on Mizzou!

I’ve never understood why competing coaches think it helps that coach to give them a public vote of confidence. Just like Saban did with Dooley.

Reactions: Aesius
Ofcourse most coaches would want her to stay because it makes their job easy and that's why Geno agreed to play us because he wants to find a way to help. I read in a news post whereby some dumb ppl were saying that Holly is doing a great job and how it's not easy to take over from a legend while comparing her with some of the great coaches that took time be4 they make it. I said Rubbish!..When ppl who never played sports are comparing how long it took Geno, Pat and other programs to make it on top, but not looking into how those ppl built their program from scratch. Holly was handed a program with stars already on it, still recruits great in the name of TN..but unable to win..If u look at great coaches who had been struggling their problem is recruit, while Holly recruits great but cant win. It's time she got fire no respect since she never respected the program to step aside.

I joked about it but I do think Dawn is at least semi-sincere. She's in a win-win situation here. Of course it benefits her if the LVs stay crappy so she can focus solely on Mississippi state. But deep down I suspect she truly likes Holly, as do most people apparently, and probably moreso feels a coaching fraternity kinship.

Every coach knows at some point it could, and likely will, be their butt on fire. I'm sure they feel they could never be as god awful as HW has turned out to be as a HC, but all will eventually have their day of judgement.

So Dawn makes nice and wishes HW well as she hits the door, while knowing its going to take a minute for the LVs to give her longterm problems again. Win-win.

Reactions: JustaChicken

VN Store

Back