Whew! TG the men beat Vandy!

lvocd

My heart is still racing. What a performance by Grant Williams — wow! And Tennessee’s free throw shooting was nearly perfect. Good stuff.

Exciting and amazing especially at the line. BUT they cannot keep living like this. Second game in a row they got a huge, game changing call in their favor. That was no more a hook and hold than it was a travel on that Bama player last Saturday. I liked the dominating thing way better.

Exciting and amazing especially at the line. BUT they cannot keep living like this. Second game in a row they got a huge, game changing call in their favor. That was no more a hook and hold than it was a travel on that Bama player last Saturday. I liked the dominating thing way better.
1. That was a travel last week.
2. He hooked him early. Im not sure the exact rule but from what i have saw called ALL year, they over exgarate that call 10-10 times because they have been instructed to do so. So, if you hook them at any point under the basket and someone falls hard, its getting called. Doesnt matter if you let it go or not.

Don't get me wrong Im very glad it happened. And I understand the officiating emphasis. But it still looked like hook and flop to me.

Don't get me wrong Im very glad it happened. And I understand the officiating emphasis. But it still looked like hook and flop to me.
As am I. I want to say we didnt deserve to win but i would be doing Grant a disservice. Guy put the team on his back. At the same time, Vandy didnt deserve to win because they turned the ball over up 2 with .48 to go with everything working on offense. Then couldnt make FTs. So with that said, GO VOLS!

Go back and watch the film. He did. There are worse that don't get called. But, yes, he absolutely traveled. Just sayin'.

Last week it was a little ticky tacky, but by the rule book, and the former Ole Miss coach who ought to know; it was a walk.

Last week was both a hook, and a travel. If they hadn't called one they would have had to call the other. The replay was very clear on that.

I am not sure which call you are talking about tonight, but the one where Williams changed direction in the air wasn't because he can fly. And the refs missed a huge call at a critical point where the Vandy player was the one who knocked the ball out of bounds.

But I agree the Vols need to play much better. You are absolutely right about that.

Just read that Grant's 43 pts was the most by any Tennessee player since Allan Houston in 1990. His 23-23 night at the FT line is 2nd most in Div 1 history. What a game by that young man! Cannot say enough about his performance tonight!

The flagrant part of the call is what I disagreed with tho meekly since I'm glad it happened. The extra possession was how we got to overtime. YMMV but I agree with the Nashville Tennessean who said the hook was a definite but the fall was "embellished". I also meekly feel sorry for the Vandy kid who played a great game but missed crucial free throws and made a crucial t.o. that basically cost them the game. Very glad about the outcome, but we were fortunate and I'm sure this will all be addressed by Barnes and the staff.

Speaking of addressing problems, my big takeaway is something Bone said post game: "we didn't panic because we trusted our coach and we trusted what we do every day in practice". He said that twice, trusted what we do in practice. Exactly the trust the LVs so obviously lack, thus their frequent retreat to panic.

Ya'll see the amazing out of bounds play the coaches drew up during a time out at the end that led to that incredible Bowden dunk? Anyone's mind go back to the last 3 seconds of the last LV game? The difference tells you all you need to know.

VN Store

Back