LOTS TO WORK ON

Of course there is a lot to work on but we just got to accept at some point we're going to drop one again. I don't think anyone is expecting us to go undefeated in conference play. I just hope we don't drop a game to an non-ranked opponent.

Lots of players in an offensive drought. Defense is getting confused by drives into the lane with a backside cut?

LOTS TO WORK ON if this team has any chance to make some real damage come tourney time.

Most of our guys played very tight tonight. Grant and Jordan Bone were the two exceptions. Kyle got his ass handed to him under the boards. No excuse for us getting out rebounded by Vandy.

Perimeter defense is the main thing I'm worried about, and it has been since the start of the season. Someone in the tournament is going to get hot and surprise us if we don't improve there.

Reactions: Vols All Day
The Vols weren't getting the offensive rebounds like they usually do and Schofield is really in a slump. Vandy was shooting the 3 unusually well. As the saying goes, that was a nail biter.

Lots of players in an offensive drought. Defense is getting confused by drives into the lane with a backside cut?

LOTS TO WORK ON if this team has any chance to make some real damage come tourney time.

I agree. It appears teams have found a couple of holes in the defense and can exploit it. I hope CRB makes the necessary adjustments to get this fixed. It appears when the team needs stops they are able to get it done late so there's hope.

Good thing we are playing the bottom teams of the SEC right now. Lots of improvement needs to be made for this team to reach their goals of an SEC Championship and Final Four because the way we are playing defense won't achieve either goal. Eeveryone except Grant looked up tight tonight. Worst performance of the year but still won. I'll take it

Reactions: feathersax
Lots of overreacting

I agree with your statement. One minor item is that the defensive efficiency stats continue to dip (they are still good - just not elite). We saw at this exact point last year with the offensive efficiency numbers. They stablized very late in the regular season but never got back to early season levels.

The question would be "Can UT with a good, but not elite defense, make the Final 4?"

Reactions: Devo182
Got to remember Vandy arena is tough on the depth perception due to the set up...some can’t adjust, wouldn’t sweat the shooting woes.
Could be that contributed to Admiral's off-night. Wasn't he having trouble with his contacts earlier in the season anyway?

Reactions: RollerVol
Got to remember Vandy arena is tough on the depth perception due to the set up...some can’t adjust, wouldn’t sweat the shooting woes.

I made this comment yesterday. That gym sucks. Benches on the end with the elevated floor creates a depth perception problem in relation to the basket.

Reactions: feathersax
I agree with your statement. One minor item is that the defensive efficiency stats continue to dip (they are still good - just not elite). We saw at this exact point last year with the offensive efficiency numbers. They stablized very late in the regular season but never got back to early season levels.

The question would be "Can UT with a good, but not elite defense, make the Final 4?"

This. And the last 3 games say "no". Not going to win a natty without a top D.

Reactions: Plateauvol

Yeah, with amazing offensive performances every night. We all know that’s not going to happen.

Luckily we have a great coach with some outstanding players who are still learning about how good (and bad) they are, while being ranked #1 in the nation. It’s pretty fun to watch.

I’m looking forward to them getting back to TBA.

Size and quick guard driving the ball seems to really effect our defense as we get beat off the dribble a lot. Vandy has both and shot I think a little more like you’ll see them do the rest of the season. They remind me of Barnes second year team at TN. Very young and make you earn everything you get but have a tough time getting over the hump. I was afraid we might be peaking to soon and maybe some of that’s so but there’s plenty of time to get things worked out by tourney time. I still expect us to stumble a few times along the way as this conference seems to get better every week. Beware LSU, Ole Miss and Miss St along with everyone else as they’ll all be out to knock us off and last but not least the Wildkittys are really starting to hit their stride right now. Go Big Orange 1 game at a time!

Reactions: TC 83

They’ve been really good in sports of late, that gives me some hope...and they were really good in a couple of our early SEC games, so I’m not sure if it’s lack of focus or what but to me the potential is there.

so, another team has a career night on us and we still pull it out...not to shabby...wouldn't doubt we'll see more of this...and,

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Grant switches to the guard on top and leaves Tae and Bone exposed every time. The one time we tried zone it worked, that’s when dude walked all over the paint then kicked for a 3?

Been sloppy on defense the last 3 games. The SEC is a meat grinder anyway. Defense is what gets you over the top. Shots don't always fall.

VN Store

Back