45 minutes- 49 fouls called

Kinger

Way too many whistles imo. Only 2 fouls by Vandy were on purpose in OT. 47 others called

Reactions: lynnh
Players need to adjust. Rules is rules. I didn't see too many called that were way away from the basket that should have been no harm, no foul. No blood, no foul doesn't apply.

Players need to adjust. Rules is rules. I didn't see too many called that were way away from the basket that should have been no harm, no foul. No blood, no foul doesn't apply.

It's impossible to adjust when the refs do not consistently call the fouls. And sure rules are rules, now tell that to the refs that don't call them consistently and hardly any of them do. Refs are not held accountable enough and the NCAA refuses to do anything about it.

Anticipation fouls ruin the game

That and refs being completely out of position calling a foul when they can't even see what happened. When the dude across the court calls a foul that the one ref standing 3 feet away doesn't call, then that's a problem.

Is it just me, or does it make some sense that there will tend to be a foul call differential in many games when you have a power player like Grant that teams are consistently double teaming and racking up fouls because gang tackling is about the only way to stop him. 23 trips to the stripe by Williams isn't over-officiating any more than it is opposing teams collapsing on a guy who's just damn hard to defend. GW gets fouled a lot; if other teams don't like it, do a better job of defending him.

Did Vandy shut down the BB program this morning as another poster suggested? I damn sure hope so.
Hate that gym, it's like playing a game in a Dollar General Store parking lot. Those rims are horrible and the fans intolerable.
Kiss my tail Candy.

Reactions: lynnh and beamerman
Candy Fans are butt hurt over the missed calls, for a bunch of fans who claim to be smart, they sure do have amnesia on all the fouls they committed. Teams use their fouls to prevent flow or rhythm by the other team. 1. Tennessee is still the better team 2. Candy was playing way above their ability, emotion can only take you so far, UT out played them in the last 3 minutes of regulation and OT. The Admiral will come out of his slump...……….defense solves any offensive woes.

Vandy, you had a good game, probably exhausted yourselves to try and beat #1...…….good try......but skill beats emotional energy. I didn't see UT panic.....at least that is what I saw...………..Love the refs =\

Reactions: lynnh and beamerman
This was Vandy’s championship game. If they had won they would have always said they beat the SEC champions. Nope.

ut bailed out by SEC refs twice in a row now - 14Powers.com
Guess they missed that ridiculous call that clearly went out of bounds on their player. You lost to a better team on your court. You did well to keep it as close as you did.
Question: The call you mention most surely went off the VU player,then a short time later another call like it was called off Bowden which was reviewed.My question,Why was the earlier call not reviewed,The announcer cited the Bowden call was due to overtime required the review,when they were both in overtime. I was really upset (did not help).Anybody know?

Question: The call you mention most surely went off the VU player,then a short time later another call like it was called off Bowden which was reviewed.My question,Why was the earlier call not reviewed,The announcer cited the Bowden call was due to overtime required the review,when they were both in overtime. I was really upset (did not help).Anybody know?

Because the first one happened outside of the 2:00 mark. Under 2:00 is when they will review.

Reactions: VolDave53

VN Store

Back